1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Manti Te'o

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Jan 12, 2013.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,448 Messages
    1,910 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  2. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So, you think the same thing happens to Te'o that happened to Burfict?
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,819 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Burfict fell because he was a head case AND didn't play that well as a senior.

We don't know all the details of what happened, and even if they are awful, I don't see him falling out of the 2nd.
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,145 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    I don't know talent-wise whether he'd go in the first round anyway. He was majorly exposed by Alabama.

Having said that, he won't get out of the second round. I say he's low first round at best.
  5. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    What I was getting at was, at some point I saw Burfict mocked in the 1st round of the draft and then he goes undrafted.
  6. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    And then he was a very productive player for the Bengals.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,532 Messages
    808 Likes Received
    If Te'o goes in the 4th he will just claim he was drafted #1 overall.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,448 Messages
    1,910 Likes Received
    Burfict's issues were 10x Teo's....

Manti Teo is a 2012 National Scholar-Athlete. He's been active in the community and has kept his nose clean.

Up until this weird situation, he has been a real model for what you want in an All-American and Student Athlete.

He's the most decorated defensive player (did not say the best, mind you) in the history of college football.

Night and day vs Burflict. Not remotely comparable.

If he drops at all, it will be 1/2 round or so. Most still put him anywhere from 10th to 25th or so.
  9. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Hell no...I'd avoid him at all costs. Not only because he's turning out to be a weird guy but also the media scrutiny would be out of this world, even for Cowboys standards. Too much of a distraction
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,819 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    I know. My point is that Te'o isn't going to see that kind of fall because he had such a tremendous season.

Great players with a character concern might fall a round or two. Ones who have a mediocre season before the draft will fall a ton if there is a character concern.
  11. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,770 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    He had a bad game vs. Alabama but the word is this story had already been exposed by that point so you could excuse him for being a bit distracted.
  12. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,511 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    I have a feeling he wasn't all there mentally because he knew all of this was going to come out. I don't care who you are, if you are not 100% mentally in the game, you will look like he did that night.
  13. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,998 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Will never happen. Worst case scenario for Te'o is that he falls to the 2nd round. I still say he goes first, although it's more likely now that he goes in the 20-30 range.
  14. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    This thread was part of the hoax, wasn't it?

Sorry... had to be done.
  15. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,922 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Na, I'd rather trade our 4th round pick for Haloti Ngata
  16. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  17. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,384 Messages
    1,415 Likes Received

ND changed their scheme this past year. They used Te'o to fill gaps rather then scrape and make plays, which is what he did for ND in past years. Look at his numbers in 2011 and 2010. Huge difference between then and last year. I don't love the guy and I would rather see us take somebody else but if you are looking for a guy who can shed and tackle, he's very good at that.
  18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,068 Messages
    1,059 Likes Received
    Scouts reaction to Te'o story 'very negative'

According to ESPN's Todd McShay, the initial reaction among NFL scouts has been "very negative" to Wednesday's revelation that Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o's allegedly deceased girlfriend never existed.
    McShay is in Los Angeles for this week's NFLPA bowl, a postseason all-star game with 70-plus scouts in attendance. "It was amazing," McShay said. "You could kind of sense everyone in the stands watching practice starting to read their phones and the story regarding Te'o. And within 20 minutes from the end of practice I had spoken to more than ten NFL scouts, all coming up to me asking if I had more information. ... The initial reaction was very negative. But in the long run, NFL teams have their own security departments. And they're going to get to the bottom of this story. They are relentless in pursuit of truth."
  19. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,830 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    With the move to the 4-3 we are more then set at LB with Ware, Lee, Carter, Sims and hopefully by a miracle Spencer.
  20. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,646 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    This had him to Ravens written all over it now