1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

March 07 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, Mar 7, 2012.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,810 Messages
    5,961 Likes Received
    Dallas has 14, 45, 82, 113, 144, 175, and 206 prior to the supplemental picks.

I make 2 trades:
    Trade #45 for #59 and #91.
    Trade #82 for #95, #127 and #191.

Pick #14 (1-14): David DeCastro
    Day one starter.

Pick #59 (2-27): Bruce Irvin
    Super Athletic passrusher. Athleticism should allow him to develop as a coverage player. Considered undersized at 6-3, 245. Would play SOLB on passing downs and backup WOLB. Could get some reps at ILB also.
    If Irvin is gone, then the pick would be Shea McClellin.

Pick #91 (3-27): Trumaine Johnson
    Johnson could play CB or FS. Good size at 6-2, 204 with decent speed and long arms.
    If McClellin is available here, then he would be the pick.

Pick #95 (3-31): Josh Robinson
    Super athlete, not just a straight line speedster. Excellent ball skills.
    Decent size at 5-10, 199. Played mostly zone but has enough size and more
    than enough athleticism to play man.

Pick #113 (4-17): Philip Blake
    Underrated center with good size at 6-3, 311. Better than expected athleticism. Although he only benched 22 reps, he appears powerful in games and appears to have "heavy hands".

Pick #127 (4-31): Derek Wolfe
    Passrushing 5-Technique. Looked good in drills at the Senior Bowl and had good measureables at the combine.

Pick #144 (5-16): Akiem Hicks
    Big at 6-5, 318 with good athleticism and very long 35-1/8" arms.
    Attended college in Canada which pushed him down to the 5th round.

Pick #175 (6-15): Chris Rainey
    Speedster with some wiggle. Excellent punt returner. Listed as RB in college, but would be slot WR in the NFL.

Pick #191 (6-31): Evan Rodriguez
    He is listed as TE, but at 6-1, 239, he would be a FB/H-back/TE. Very good receiver and
    probably as good of blocker as some of the tall skinny TEs that will get
    drafted much higher. If he can be the 3rd TE, then the team can keep him and a FB on the active roster.

Pick #206 (7-14): Miles Burris
    This guy plays all out all of the time. Would be 3-4 ILB. Good size at 6-2, 246. Didn't run at the combine, but was excellent in the bench (31), vert (37.5), and broad (10-1). Arm length is good for his
    size at 31-7/8".

UDFA(s)

Sammy Brown OLB
    Plays OLB in a 3-4 defense. Interesting physical abilities but needs some time/coaching.

Kentrell Lockett OLB
    Super wingspan of 84". Good 1st step. Would be an OLB in the 3-4. Needs some time to develop.

Delano Johnson OLB/ILB
    Intense. Plays with bad intentions. Good in the box and in the open field. Good size at 6-4, 267 with 34" arms. Played 4-3 OLB in college. Projects to 3-4 OLB or possibly 3-4 ILB.

Chigbo Anunoby DE/DT
    Big at 6-4, 324. Has decent quickness.

Charles Deas DE/DT
    Big at 6-3, 316 with 34-1/2" arms. Good quickness with some passrush ability.

Desmond Marrow CB Toledo, 6-3, 210
    Big, fluid, physical with long arms. I see him as a possible FS.

Cliff Harris CB Oregon, 5-11, 175
    Knucklehead and somehow only ran 4.59 forty; however, "video don't lie", this guy is a playmaker and excellent punt returner. I would say "film don't lie", but then an internet troll would pop up to tell me that what I'm watching is not game film. lol.

Omar Bolden CB Arizone State, 5-11, 202
    Missed all of 2011 season with injury. Impressive 25 reps on the bench and good arm length at 31-1/2".

Chris Greenwood CB, 6-1, 196
    Good size with good arm length at 31-1/4". Projected 4.3 forty. FYI - It appears Albion is somewhere in Michigan.
  2. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You had me at Decastro :D

Love this mock great job.
  3. SMASHMOUTH9473

SMASHMOUTH9473 Active Member

183 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I'd take this draft and UDFA's all day come this April's draft. Great mock draft. Hope we get a few if not all of them.
  4. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I would be cool with that mock

Address offensive line with DeCastro and Blake

Cornerback depth with Johnson and Robinson

Defensive line would be bigger and stronger with Hicks and Wolfe

Like the Rainey pick for his speed and versatility, but doubt he makes it to the 6th. I can see him as a 4th round guy.

Would look a different direction in round 2. Bruce Irvin is a speed rusher, and would not start over Spencer. Round 2 we need to draft a starter. I'd look for Brandon Boykin there maybe even Harrison Smith at that spot