1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

March 11 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by overseas, Mar 11, 2012.

1. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    FA's

David Hawthorne ILB
    Sione Pouha DT
    Reggie Nelson FS
    Samson Satele C
    Eric Wright CB - Played for Ryan with the Browns.

1 David DeCastro, G, Stanford - makes to much sense to pick him having him and T Smith on the left side - I'd be running Murray right them to an thru the line

2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech

3 Tank Carder, ILB, TCU - no way he falls to the 6 rd

4 Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State

5 Derek Wolfe, DT/DE. Cincinnati

6 James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma Speed 40 yard dash in 4.49

6 Ron Brooks, CB, LSU - Speed 40 yard dash in 4.37
    One of LSU's most experienced players having played in every game since 2008 (52 games) … A top reserve in the secondary who often played in LSU's nickel and dime packages

7 Jeremy Ebert, WR, Northwestern - Speed - ran a 4.38-second 40-yard dash - He can take a short pass and make big gains with his athletic ability and speed. 71 catches for 1025 yards

UDFA's
    Brad Nortman, P, Wis
    Louis Nzegwu, OLB, Wis
    Measuring in at 6-3, 254 pounds,and clocked at 4.57 seconds in the 40-yard dash
  2. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Carder is a projected 6th or 7th rd
  3. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he will never last that long
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,659 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    Then somebody else can have him.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,686 Messages
    5,837 Likes Received
    1 David DeCastro, G, Stanford - makes to much sense to pick him having him and T Smith on the left side - I'd be running Murray right them to an thru the line
    As Marv Albert would say: Yes!

2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
    Might have the best ball skills of any CB in this draft; however, he is very small and didn't play much man coverage. I would at least take the chance that he falls to the 3rd.

3 Tank Carder, ILB, TCU - no way he falls to the 6 rd
    IMO, 3rd is too high but 6th is too low. For ILB in the 3rd, I would much prefer Demario Davis.

4 Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State
    Interesting player. I'm not sure what position he projects to in the NFL. He appears to be better passrushing to the inside than the outside; however, he is slightly undersized as a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT. I think his best spot would be 3-4 DE; although, he might be better in a 1-gap scheme like Wade's than in a 2-gap scheme like Ryans.

5 Derek Wolfe, DT/DE. Cincinnati
    I like this player a lot as a 3-4 DE. He has good inside passrush ability.

6 James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma Speed 40 yard dash in 4.49
    Good size/speed pick.

6 Ron Brooks, CB, LSU - Speed 40 yard dash in 4.37
    One of LSU's most experienced players having played in every game since 2008 (52 games) … A top reserve in the secondary who often played in LSU's nickel and dime packages
    Normally, I would question why he wasn't a starter, but in this case he played behind 3 NFL 1st round talents.

7 Jeremy Ebert, WR, Northwestern - Speed - ran a 4.38-second 40-yard dash - He can take a short pass and make big gains with his athletic ability and speed. 71 catches for 1025 yards
    You're doing a good job of finding some lesser known players. I think he did some Kick/Punt returns. Good speed and production.

Overall, my biggest concern would be the CB position for 2012. I see Eric Wright much like Scandrick, a good #3/slot CB, but borderline as a #2.
  6. Fender

Fender Member

43 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Tank is a proven winner. Hes a leader and I would love to have him.