1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

March 11 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by overseas, Mar 11, 2012.

1. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    FA's

David Hawthorne ILB
    Sione Pouha DT
    Reggie Nelson FS
    Samson Satele C
    Eric Wright CB - Played for Ryan with the Browns.

1 David DeCastro, G, Stanford - makes to much sense to pick him having him and T Smith on the left side - I'd be running Murray right them to an thru the line

2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech

3 Tank Carder, ILB, TCU - no way he falls to the 6 rd

4 Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State

5 Derek Wolfe, DT/DE. Cincinnati

6 James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma Speed 40 yard dash in 4.49

6 Ron Brooks, CB, LSU - Speed 40 yard dash in 4.37
    One of LSU's most experienced players having played in every game since 2008 (52 games) … A top reserve in the secondary who often played in LSU's nickel and dime packages

7 Jeremy Ebert, WR, Northwestern - Speed - ran a 4.38-second 40-yard dash - He can take a short pass and make big gains with his athletic ability and speed. 71 catches for 1025 yards

UDFA's
    Brad Nortman, P, Wis
    Louis Nzegwu, OLB, Wis
    Measuring in at 6-3, 254 pounds,and clocked at 4.57 seconds in the 40-yard dash
  2. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,243 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    Carder is a projected 6th or 7th rd
  3. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he will never last that long
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

15,745 Messages
    2,189 Likes Received
    Then somebody else can have him.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

19,476 Messages
    9,950 Likes Received
    1 David DeCastro, G, Stanford - makes to much sense to pick him having him and T Smith on the left side - I'd be running Murray right them to an thru the line
    As Marv Albert would say: Yes!

2 Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
    Might have the best ball skills of any CB in this draft; however, he is very small and didn't play much man coverage. I would at least take the chance that he falls to the 3rd.

3 Tank Carder, ILB, TCU - no way he falls to the 6 rd
    IMO, 3rd is too high but 6th is too low. For ILB in the 3rd, I would much prefer Demario Davis.

4 Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State
    Interesting player. I'm not sure what position he projects to in the NFL. He appears to be better passrushing to the inside than the outside; however, he is slightly undersized as a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT. I think his best spot would be 3-4 DE; although, he might be better in a 1-gap scheme like Wade's than in a 2-gap scheme like Ryans.

5 Derek Wolfe, DT/DE. Cincinnati
    I like this player a lot as a 3-4 DE. He has good inside passrush ability.

6 James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma Speed 40 yard dash in 4.49
    Good size/speed pick.

6 Ron Brooks, CB, LSU - Speed 40 yard dash in 4.37
    One of LSU's most experienced players having played in every game since 2008 (52 games) … A top reserve in the secondary who often played in LSU's nickel and dime packages
    Normally, I would question why he wasn't a starter, but in this case he played behind 3 NFL 1st round talents.

7 Jeremy Ebert, WR, Northwestern - Speed - ran a 4.38-second 40-yard dash - He can take a short pass and make big gains with his athletic ability and speed. 71 catches for 1025 yards
    You're doing a good job of finding some lesser known players. I think he did some Kick/Punt returns. Good speed and production.

Overall, my biggest concern would be the CB position for 2012. I see Eric Wright much like Scandrick, a good #3/slot CB, but borderline as a #2.
  6. Fender

Fender Member

43 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Tank is a proven winner. Hes a leader and I would love to have him.