1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

March 4th, what will happen?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Tejano15, Mar 3, 2013.

1. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,340 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    One of these two and Idjane, the DE from Chicago, is a good trade off for Spencer.
  2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,755 Messages
    949 Likes Received
    This is what I see happening: Spencer walks; Free, Conner and Spears are cut; The Cowboys sign a tackle (Smith from Cincy?); and, Tony gets his extension.
  3. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

911 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    That'll be great news!
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

I am not sure where you got that from. In tim laydens book kiffin says right out the pass rush of the front four Is critical. Without a push from the front four the holes in the defense are easy to attack.

I don't want spencer back for what he is going to get paid either, but that doesn't mean the ends are not as valued.

we just have to many areas to fill in one season.
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,774 Messages
    727 Likes Received
    I like Spencer alot and I think he's been undervalued here for years.

But, I've been thinking lately, it would be smart to let him go. As multiple people have already said, we've been very silly lately with contract extensions and signings of mediocre players with low ceiling and increasing age. It's why we've had to do all this restructuring, why we can't get Romo signed long-term and why our future is very tight.

Even though I like Spencer and think we maybe should resign him, I think we need to break this cycle once and for all, and trust the guys that we draft to do the job that they were drafted for.
  6. Tejano15

Tejano15 Member

395 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Sensy done, now lets are if Connor and Spears are next?