1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Marcus Lattimore to be ready for start of NFL season

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 24, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    08:33 PM ET 01.23 | South Carolina Gamecocks running back Marcus Lattimore is continuing to rehab from his gruesome knee injury that he suffered just three months ago. It was an injury that ended his season and could possibly have ended his football career. However, Lattimore is making an unbelievable recovery and expects he could be back much sooner than any of us had believed to be possible. The 21-year-old running back is currently rehabbing at Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Florida. Lattimore is preparing for the 2013 NFL Draft and will have many questions thrown his way regarding the recovery time from his surgery. What Lattimore has his sights set on for his return could blow the minds of NFL personnel. However, Lattimore is prepared to start the 2013-14 NFL season.

FanSided.com
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Great news! I am shocked by this but pulling for him. Wouldnt mind him ending up here if he goes undrafted.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    what exactly was the injury?
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Probably one of the most gruesome leg injuries I have ever seen on a football field. Car wreck bad. Maybe somebody could pull the gif or youtube for you.
  5. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    In fact RS, it looked like McGahee's knee injury all over again. I never thought McGahee would've be playing another 10+ years after seeing that. Science is INDEED amazin folks.
  6. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,066 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    As a ACL replacement person with the repair done by the cowboys dr, it is not how it feels in the knee, it is when you can trust it in your head and not think twice about cutting or using that knee. I think that takes about 18 months although what Peterson did this year is incredible to those of us that waited one year to do anything on the repair. Must be some type of Vulcan mind meld not available in the 90's.
    I would not touch him in the draft especially after this being his second injury to this knee. We already have Demarco to worry about and this guy's upside is not much better than his.
  7. Mountaineerfan

Mountaineerfan Active Member

141 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I think it's the opposite knee from the last major knee injury. But that could make it worse that both knees have had injuries.
  8. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I agree with your point on the risk of taking him, but disagree with the upside comment. Love Demarco but Lattimore was special.
  9. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    [youtube]ywemwRy2PXM[/youtube]

It was gruesome tbh. Right up there with McGahee's injury at Miami. If he's really back by the start of the NFL season, that'd be a miracle and I'd be really happy for the kid.
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,762 Messages
    5,915 Likes Received
    Any chance this press release is from his agent?
  11. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,954 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    I doubt any team drafts him with the expectation he will be ready to play at the start of the season. If he is, then that will just be a bonus, but I bet most teams would plan on him going on the PUP to start the season.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,564 Messages
    2,431 Likes Received
    Great player.

I pulling for him as much as anyone.

He'll be drafted.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    oh i've seen it a hundred times. what was the actual diagnoses? i heard it wasn't as bad as it looked.
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,954 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
  15. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

405 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Pulling for the kid because he's a helluva player but i don't want to see our staff taking a chance on him unless Lattimore comes in as a Free Agent
  16. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I would definitely take him in the later rounds. How long has it been since we have actually hit on a 5th-6th-7th rounder?
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,564 Messages
    2,431 Likes Received
    Not often, but Harris in 2011 was a good pick.

I'd take Lattimore fore that late.
  18. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,133 Messages
    4,592 Likes Received
    If his knee is stable, he can run and cut, and his doctor reports are good then he'll go in the first IMO.
  19. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,148 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Even though McGahee has lasted a long time in the pros I always felt that he never quite got back to where he once was prior to the injury. Anyone else feel like that?
  20. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,977 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    I thought it was worse.