1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Marcus Lattimore to enter NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by robert70x7, Dec 10, 2012.

1. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,019 Messages
    5,368 Likes Received
    A long way. That 2nd injury was really bad.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,299 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    We won't really know how far unless and until he does a Combine or has a "pro day" or something of that nature, in my opinion. I do think that his injury was severe enough to where a lot of teams won't really even give him any serious consideration, at least not early to mid rounds.
  4. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    If he falls to the 4th round do you take a chance on him?
  5. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    If he's on the board in the 5th or 6th round then there is no reason not to use a pick on him. I think Michael Bush sat for a year before he got fully healthy from his nasty injury he had occur in the first week of the college season. Lattimore could be a nice compliment to Murray for 8-10 touches minimum a game.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,301 Messages
    4,205 Likes Received
    depends on the doctor reports, physical exam by those interested, combine/workout numbers and how he looks.

These days they can generally repair knees as new although I'm not sure where the MCL repairs are these days. As long as his knee is stable, the medical is ok, and he can run and cut then someone will take a chance in the low first or second.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,641 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    I don't think a healthy Lattimore would be useful getting 8 to 10 touches a game. He seems like the kind of running back that you need to feed the ball to over and over in order to get the most value out of them.
  8. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    He's a beast, but that injury against TN last year was just brutal.

I wish him the best. I hope he can get back to 100%.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,552 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received
    I wouldnt draft him. That is one of the worst leg injuries I have ever seen, car wreck bad. I cant see how he doesnt lose something performance wise. I would however not hesitate to bring him in as UDFA.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,301 Messages
    4,205 Likes Received
  11. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I wish him all the best in his recoveries. That injury was beyond brutal, but medical research has come a long way in a short period of time, and his rehabilitation and recovery is on schedule from the reports I have read. How far he falls will depend on his medical reports and how patient an NFL is willing to be, understanding that he will most likely miss his entire rookie season.

Regarding the Cowboys, they have basically given redshirts to players in the past, and I see no reason why the Cowboys couldn't do the same for Lattimore if he is available at a reasonable round.
  12. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,921 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Probably my favorite back coming out. He is an absolute stud. Now the injury.......I take a chance on him but i'm not sure in what round. Maybe a 4th, not like we've picked a winner in the 4th for like a decade.
  13. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,918 Messages
    1,194 Likes Received
    Depending on what he looks like come draft day, if he's there in the 6th, take him. Otherwise, there are plenty of other good TB's in this draft and available in FA.
  14. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    The only thing that really worries me about him is that his running style is prone to injuries. Both of his knees have had serious injuries, and I am not sure how much of a career he could have.