1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Marcus spears on w/norm at 10:30 to talk dysfunction

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by theebs, Jan 22, 2014.

1. TonyRomo17

TonyRomo17 Well-Known Member

784 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    owell looks like at least 15+ years of mediocrity
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,012 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    i have known that for sure since last years draft.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,903 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    Wait, so Jerry Jones runs everything?!

Get the heck out.
  4. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,529 Messages
    722 Likes Received
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Are you talking about the war room cam and everyone's reaction when they passed on Floyd? Or something else?
  6. Risen Star

21,903 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    Well, in fairness, he may not be in tune with the real inner working of the team as some of the people here.

Now if you don't mind, I have to hop aboard Mr. Rogers' trolley. Go Cowboys!!
    junk and SWG9 like this.
  7. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,529 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    This franchise, and this group doesn't deserve that definition, is a joke.

We are poorly led, run, and it's no wonder we get the results we deserve.

This sucks.
    dwight and Risen Star like this.
  8. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,766 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    OK.

But I think my critique of Ware is still correct. Great player. Not a leader. He'd rather just do his job.

He shows flashes. Like when he works with Tyron Smith after practice. But he's never been a Sean Lee type. A guy who rallies the troops.

That's not a criticism of Ware. People can't pretend to be who they're not.
    Ntegrase96, Chocolate Lab and Zordon like this.
  9. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,599 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    Anybody who watched Hard Knocks way back when knows Jerry calls all the shots.
    If a guy is screwing up in practice,( i.e. running the wrong routes), these coaches can't even threaten them with benching because the players know they'd have to clear it with jerry first.

Is this team really better than the 5-11 campo years or has parity just brought everybody back to us?
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,117 Messages
    5,596 Likes Received
    Just listening to Ware's post-regular season media session on DC.com. The guy was asked several times what is the problem with the team and what needs to be fixed. His answer every time? "Get healthy, too many injuries"....:rolleyes:
    khiladi and pjtoadie like this.
  11. Risen Star

21,903 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    No matter how tiring it is to hear it, it's the truth. You can not have a legitimate discussion about the Dallas Cowboys without Jerry being the focal point.

Don't hate me for saying it. He's made it that way.
    SWG9, dreghorn2 and dwight like this.
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,658 Messages
    6,395 Likes Received
    How enlightening is it when what he's saying isn't new? Other players have said it. He didn't add anything that I found all that interesting or new. Jerry does too much? Check. Players don't think Garrett is in charge? Check. Players lived rob Ryan? Check.

Same old. Same old.
    khiladi and Future like this.
  13. WoodysGirl

66,658 Messages
    6,395 Likes Received
    Sure you can when "insiders" add more to the discussion. If it's centered on Jerry, then that's all the discussion will be.

They could at least inquire about player battles,quirks, coaching dynamics. Just to add to the discussion.
    5Stars and dogberry like this.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,121 Messages
    6,928 Likes Received
    Speaking from my perspective, mods probably find the 'Jerry stuff' tedious because it bleeds into and derails otherwise good threads. Also, it's tedious because it's been the case forever, and it isn't going to change in his lifetime, so it's a depressing topic, overall.

But, personally, I think this is awesome stuff. I love this sort of meaty criticism from someone who really ought to know. Sure, he's got a reason to be a bit inflammatory, but Spears is also a stand-up guy. I have little doubt he's describing what he's observed accurately.

I have a hard time believing these comments are enlightening to anybody. If Jerry's defended around here, it's usually against some bizarre off-the-wall criticism and not on the score that he meddles in the staff. Jerry himself has been very upfront about how the team is run in that regard. It's also the same stuff that's been said by players--including franchise greats like Darren Woodson--for years. Jerry's always been a mixed bag, and the only question is really 'how many of those things in the bag are chocolates, and how many are turds.'
  15. Risen Star

21,903 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    Yeah but that's the problem. Do you want him to make things up just for a breath of fresh air?

Jerry's the problem. He was the problem last year, this year and he'll be the problem next year. All other discussions about any other aspect of the team is really pointless. Until the Jerry problem is corrected the Cowboys won't win.
  16. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,804 Messages
    1,322 Likes Received
    The best thing that could happen is that Garrett gets axed, goes on and has a huge amount of success.

Maybe then Jerry would be forced to realize that he is the problem.
  17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    I don't think Spears said anything "enlightening." He didn't give one fact that average Joe Cowboys fan couldn't have told you.

Oh, Jerry walks around practice. WHO KNEW???? Another vanilla interview/report bashing Jerry without anything tangible.
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    Woops, missed that lol.
  19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    You can't do that if you obsess over blaming everything on Jerry...
    CowboyStar88 and Mookie like this.
  20. WoodysGirl

66,658 Messages
    6,395 Likes Received
    He doesn't have to.make anything up. Just add more to the discussion...even if the road leads back to jerry, there's a little more meat on the bone to chew on.

That's all i'm saying.