1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Marcus Vick goes on rant during MNF

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Achilleslastand, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,062 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...er-rant-during-first-half-034019439--nfl.html

The only Vick busier than Michael during the the New Orleans Saints' commanding 21-3 first-half performance against the Philadelphia Eagles was Vick's brother Marcus, who used his Twitter account to throw pretty much every possible aspect of the Eagles organization under the bus as his brother's team was going down fast. Starting from the bottom up ("Game time!"), and as Philly couldn't seem to do anything right, Marcus Vick flat-out blew Twitter up.
    After the 28-13 loss was in the books, it sounded as if little brother was in a bit of trouble.
    "He tweeted that during the game? I'm sorry. I'm unaware of that," Michael Vick said after the game, when asked if he felt the way his brother does about Vick's teammates. "That's something I'm really going to have to address once I leave here. We're out there fighting as hard as we can, giving it everything we've got, and that's certainly not the case. I love each and every guy in that locker room, and if I could make every play right I would. I know they would do the same, so that's certainly not the case."

[IMG]

Marcus Vick goes on Twitter rant during Eagles-Saints game, and Michael Vick doesn’t like it

[IMG](@MVFive)
    [IMG](@MVFive)
    Like his brother, Marcus Vick has quite the checkered past. He was unable to stay on the Virginia Tech football team due to on- and off-field issues, and made no real impact in the NFL after the Miami Dolphins gave him a shot as an undrafted free agent following the 2006 NFL Draft. He's been charged with brandishing a firearm, molestation of a minor, fraud, driving on the wrong side of a street, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license, and several probation violations.
    Not to mention his inevitable stay in Twitter jail if he doesn't knock it off.
  2. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what a maroon
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,901 Messages
    1,656 Likes Received
    What a fool.
  4. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,313 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    I can understand why Michael Vick didn't like his brother dissing his teammates. But having watched the game, the man was 100% accurate in his criticism.
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    who cares what little thug I made it one year in the NFL thinks
  6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,414 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Marcus Vick.. The guy that stomped on Elvis Dumervilles leg in college. That is what he will always be remembered as to me.
  7. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Mr. Mexico is right.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,825 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    And people like him vote . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  9. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I just love all of the grammatically correct things he say.

Seriously, who talks like that and is ever taken seriously?

Embarrassing :cool:
  10. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yup.... absolute shame!
  11. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,469 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    "He says." When you're using present-tense in the third-person you must remember to add the -s morpheme at the end of the verb. You said "he say" when you should have said "he says." You're also the only one to comment on grammaticality.
  12. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

674 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I highly dislike them both..........but Marcus has an opinion like eveyone....and his was dam near dead on last night........

People should look at the situation being commented on instead of the idiot speaking.
  13. WPBCowboysFan

4,825 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    Just because the rest of us who have at least mastered the King's English at a grade school level didn't mention it doesn't change the obvious.
  14. JoeyBoy718

3,469 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    I'm saying it's funny that the only person who commented on the obvious was the only one who made a similar grammatical error.

The person also said Vick shouldn't be taken seriously and is an embarrassment. Be more careful next time you want to be so judgmental.
  15. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought this stuff, too. Pretty funny. I didnt say anything thinking it was probably just a typo, but it was still funny that he pointed out the grammar and had such a noticable error of his own.
  16. WPBCowboysFan

4,825 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    Maybe, just maybe, he did that on purpose . . . . . . . . . .
  17. JoeyBoy718

3,469 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    Psychological studies show that the majority of people who comment on the grammatical errors of others make a grammatical error of their own in the comment. Maybe it's some humorous form of karma.
  18. WPBCowboysFan

4,825 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    I took him as doing it on purpose.

Maybe he will clarify it for us.

My wife is an editor. Worked on major trade publications and newspapers. Teaches journalism in college. She corrects me all the time w/o making an error - just sayn'
  19. JoeyBoy718

3,469 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    Haha oh no I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying people do tend to make errors when they comment on the errors of someone else. It happens more in text. I wouldn't happen verbally. I just thought it was funny that he was so harsh in his ridicule and made a similar mistake. I'm a linguist so I'm aware of different communities having their own grammatical rules. The Vicks are inner-city black folks who grew up around Ebonics speakers. There's also a thing called code-switching where you're perfectly fluent in the Standard language and your nonstandard dialect, and you're capable of switching back and forth between the two depending on the situation. Twitter is an informal social networking site. Most people speak in their home language on a site like Twitter. That doesn't mean that Vick might be so moronic that he doesn't know how or when to speak "proper" English. The commenter (who also made an error) seemed to make this judgment.
  20. WPBCowboysFan

4,825 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    A linguist sounds like an interesting field.

Is your focus more verbal or written? Im guessing verbal, but maybe its not an either or but both.