1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Marcus Vick goes on rant during MNF

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Achilleslastand, Nov 6, 2012.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,164 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Yeah it's not really an either or thing. Depends on what you're doing. For example, if you're studying a dying language, it most likely has no written record, so the only way you can actually study it is by actually listening to the few remaining speakers. Other languages, for example dead languages, have no more living speakers and only a written record. I do more of theoretical and mathematical study, using mathematical logic and syntax to create voice-recognizing computer programs.
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,578 Messages
    1,844 Likes Received
    Ok. Sounds challenging.
  3. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Do you even understand why I said it that way? It was sarcasm.

Short minds..... please keep up.
  4. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Lock up your teenage daughters, Marcus Vick is out of the penitentiary.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,245 Messages
    1,177 Likes Received
    Is Marcus Vick allowed to vote? I don't know the full extent of his legal issues, but I do think he is a convicted felon. He may not have fulfilled his obligations to gain back his right to vote. :D
  6. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,164 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Short minds? You realize you called him an embarrassment because he speaks in Ebonics, his everyday vernacular, on Twitter? I'm sure he is an embarrassment for other reasons, but you can't judge a person for the dialect they speak in. The majority of Black Americans speak or know Ebonics, and most of them are capable of switching between Ebonics and Standard English depending on where they are. It doesn't make them an embarrassment because they speak that way on informal social networking sites. Sure, there were a few punctuation errors, but most of the grammatical "errors" he made follow the grammatical rules of Ebonics.

A punctuation error is missing a comma or a period, like many people, black and white, Standard English and Ebonics, do on the Internet, even here on CowboysZone. A grammatical error is when you violate the grammatical rules of your dialect. It isn't an error when he speaks in the same Ebonics that millions of other Black Americans speak. You can't tell me millions of people are constantly making errors when they speak.
  7. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,503 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    did Marcus tweet that prison? Since when are we allowing inmates to have cell phones?