1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Margus Hunt is playing himself into a 2nd round pick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Dec 24, 2012.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,066 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    3 sacks and 2 FF before half time. After this performance and he blows up the combine there's no way he makes it out of the 2nd. You just don't find too many guys with his size and athletic ability.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,424 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    True, I hate how he comes in flashes but I think over time he has great potential. Still very raw but with this game plus his size and strength and athletic ability he will shoot up boards.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,568 Messages
    1,425 Likes Received
    The guy he is dominating is a true freshman. Have seen him disapear too many times.
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,066 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    Ansah has done less in college and is being talked about as a 1st round pick. Hunt's size, athletic ability, and skill set is arguably just as impressive as Ansah's in my opinion. Yes, he is very raw. Hes certainly not a finished product, but he has all the tools to be a great DE. For a guy still learning the game he is pretty impressive.
  5. supercowboy8

5,424 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Hunt just made himself some more money tonight. You know he will have a greag combine, late first early second for sure.
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,805 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    Hunt had a great game. But the guy looks too small to play DE in a 3/4. He would be a project.
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,066 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    6'7 285 is just fine for 3-4 DE. If he uses his long arms properly he can fight off blocks like anyone else.
  8. supercowboy8

5,424 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    To small, did you see Hunt. 6'8" and 280-285 and still has room to add weight. No way man, he will be fine.
  9. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,050 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I too have seen his magical act of disappearing for halfs in previous games against better competition. When someone says raw this is who I think of, not Ansah from BYU, I would take Hunt over Ansah because in the big bowl game he never showed up and I ended up watch Van Noy the LBer for BYU. Much more upside if you can get this German riled up. He can also block punts like no one I have ever seen, this year he was subdued because teams were well aware of his talent and planned accordingly. IMO third or fourth would be reasonable, this game may thrust him into the second rd.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,805 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    6'8 280 is on the thin side. Dallas has the same type of player hunt is in college in Crawford. One project is enough
  11. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I have been high on Hunt all season.
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,087 Messages
    5,409 Likes Received
    Watch Ansah in some other games. I don't think that Bowl game was a good representation of how he can perform. Also, it appeared to me that San Deigo State went into that game determined to not let Ansah beat them. I recall at least 2 plays where they had 3 OL blocking Ansah and None blocking Van Noy.

As for the German, I only see him playing 3-4 DE. I don't think he can bend-the-corner against NFL OTs as a 4-3 DE.
  13. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,366 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Project or not, with Ratliff's age, Brent's legal status and Coleman most likely gone, we need the players, it's also a bad DL FA crop this year,
  14. supercowboy8

5,424 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    I'm with you, if Hunt is the BPA when we pick, then get him.

Also this is a very bad FA for 3-4 DL. Desmond Bryant, Sample Lee Hill, and Terrence Knighton are the only ones.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,568 Messages
    1,425 Likes Received
    Hunt will be a 26 or 27 year old rookie. That drops him automatically.
  16. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,805 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    If kwame Geathers elects to go in the draft id hope Dallas would take him. round 3 would be a good pick for him

RD1 Warmack, Jones, or cooper
    RD2 Phillip Thomas
    RD3 Kwame Geathers

That would do it for me
  17. supercowboy8

5,424 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    He will be 26 and it will not drop him that much. Look at Danny Watkins and Weeden.
  18. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,711 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    He sure is a beast i saw him play for the first time and he will be a 4.3 Dend if not a project for a 3.4 linebscker at 6'8 285 running a 4.6 40
  19. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,020 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    Hunt flashes way too much for my taste.

I think Van Noy is actually the best player of anyone listed in this thread. Great motor who would look good with the star.
  20. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    26 for someone considered to be raw is pretty old.