Mario Manningham, anyone?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by esmith1790, Mar 14, 2012.

1. esmith1790

esmith1790 Member

167 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I thought i heard that Mario Manningham was going to the BUCS early and fast after FA started.

If we lose Robinson how about Mario Manningham?
  2. Snauty

Snauty Well-Known Member

501 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    As a number 3? Hes most likely going to command more money than Robinson would.
  3. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

1,946 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    I think the only way we sign him is if his agent out prices him in the next week or so. Then he signs a 1 year deal to "redeem" himself. But at that point, why not just re-sign with the Giants?
  4. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

6,026 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    I wonder what his price would be?
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

26,306 Messages
    2,985 Likes Received
    Well so far he hasn't been signed so I wonder if this is going to wind up bringing his contract demands down any? I wouldn't mind replacing Robinson with him.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,783 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    Same here, BH. Although if it were me, i'd have matched the Robinson offer, too.
  7. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,308 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I don't think we can afford to pay him what he wants so he can be a #3 but if somehow the Boys can pull this off I will be ecstatic.
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

36,415 Messages
    4,200 Likes Received
    I wasn't a Manningham fan coming out of college and I'm still not.

Not likely. Nobody is going to pay Manningham more than $6M a year. He will be damn lucky to get $2M a year.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

26,306 Messages
    2,985 Likes Received

Hmmm....thats a tough call. I really liked Robinson, a lot, and would have been thrilled to keep him. But 6+ million a year? I don't know...seems high for a 3rd WR.

Of course he was dang dependable and Romo and him had that great chemistry. Tough call to make.