1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Blackspider214, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I don't think Rex will lose his job. They'll make some other changes but he'll keep his job. JMO
  2. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,044 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Agreed - why sign someone you don't play?

It looks like the Jets did not do their homework before getting him.

Hope Tebow ends up in Jacksonville.
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,920 Messages
    1,375 Likes Received
    Outstanding defense and running games.
  4. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

783 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    And you guys were moaning about Romo for years. What if you were Jets fans? :)
  5. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    USC quarterbacks and the NFL just don't mix, I predict a similar lackluster fate for matt barkley. sanchez, leinhart, palmer, marinovich. All underwhelmed or flat out flopped
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,641 Messages
    3,164 Likes Received
    The Jets have a big-time cluster-fudge with Sanchez.
  7. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,973 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Palmer is the only decent player on that list. Barkley has yet to be seen obviously but I have the same feeling about him as you do.
  8. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I almost feel bad for Sanchez. He has gotten 0 coaching. If he had gone to a better organization, I wonder how things would have been different...
  9. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,973 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    You mean this guy couldn't coach him up a bit?

[youtube]HQqIQyT-RuM[/youtube]
  10. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,685 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    I was thinking about that same thing today. All the USC flops over the last 10 years in the NFL. Leinart probably being the worst of them all. He was horrendous. Palmer was probably the best and I think his career could have been better but after that injury in the playoff game against the Steelers, he was never the same.

Not sold on Barkley either.
  11. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I wonder if that dink still thinks he would have been drafted over RGIII. I am getting a serious Jimmy Clausen vibe from him. I saw recently that Barkley might fall into the 2nd round.

On a side note -- can you imagine how much of a pariah the GM that took Barkley over Griffin would be? He'd make Vinny Cerrato look like Ron freakin' Wolf!
  12. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A lot of people thought the Jets reached for Sanchez and did not understand why they drafted him so early.

The GM for the Jets has been terrible wasting picks getting Tebow and trading away pick for malcontents (dam sounds like Jerry from a many years ago)
  13. TINGS21

TINGS21 Member

37 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    He was expected to not lose games with a good D and stable running game and now he is expected to win games.
  14. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Ya, kinda what I always thought about David Carr as well. Bad teams/coaching will kill a QB's career pretty quick.
  15. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,923 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    Will kill a bad QBs career. I didn't think much of Carr or Sanchez when they came into the league. Neither proved me wrong. Sure they could have had more success if they landed in better situations, but neither guy is truly a 1st round QB or franchise QB. They not only need good situations to be successful, they need great situations around them because they can't shoulder a large share of the load.
  16. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,854 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    in his defense, Sanchez has had virtually no help at WR, and a very mediocre running game. the Jets are stuck with that contract i believe 17 million guaranteed.
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Meh, he's had some guys who can make plays.

Nothing stellar but odds are those guys would do more if they didn't have Sanchez throwing the ball. Works both ways.

He's bad.

Mike and Mike were talking about it and Greenberg was like "people point at me and laugh". It was hilarious how pissed he was because he's a huge Jets fan.
  18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    No way the Jets can trot that guy out there next year.
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    Couldnt happen to a nicer guy than Woody Johnson.