1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Market for Revis seems real now, and could be Huge

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by DFWJC, Jan 25, 2013.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    According to CBS Sportsline...

"One NFL general manager called the trade interest in Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” He likened the growing interest in Revis to when Reggie White was leaving Philadelphia as a free agent or the Peyton Manning sweepstakes last year. That, basically, says it all about what's happening with Revis."

The possibility of a Revis trade, first reported by Jason LaCanfora, is no longer just a possibility, according to a variety of sources. The Jets are strongly leaning toward the trade and teams are considering giving up significant capital to get him.

"There's a Revis gold rush forming,” said a general manager."

http://www.cbssports.com/general/bl...43/gold-rush-forming-for-possible-revis-trade

NFL.com seems to think so too

"The Darrelle Revis hot-stove talk is just getting fired up. According to ESPN New York, one source gathered from talking to New York Jets owner Woody Johnson that the three-time first-team All-Pro is "gone"."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...elle-revisnew-york-jets-trade-talk-heating-up
  2. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,462 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    So let's speculate.

I'd assume Detroit is one of the biggest suitors.
  3. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Mo & Carr for Revis Island?

We can keep Jenkins. :laugh2:
  4. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,772 Messages
    1,194 Likes Received
    Go get him Jerry. lol
  5. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,256 Messages
    575 Likes Received
    We don't need Revis at the price he's going to command.

We need offensive linemen, pass rushers and ...

a quarterback. ;) :laugh2: (Mama say mama si ma mockoo si)
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    remember all the sturm und drang about Nmadi?

How it basically ended with a whimper when Philthy got him for what seamed like a pretty reasonable price?

What seems clear now is that during the lockout since the coaches had nothing else to do they went over all the FA's with a fine tooth comb and Nmadi's flaws were given a lot more coverage then in a normal FA season. And of course they were right. We really lucked out not getting him.

Then Carr last year gets huge money. BUT a carefully done contract.

So I do not see Revis- coming off an injury- getting an insane contract. Might look like it but will be one like Carr's.
  7. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,326 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I think people saw what AP did with his torn ACL and are thinking Revis is going to do the same. I also think those people are delusional.
  8. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I wonder if the one GM is the Jets GM.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,732 Messages
    3,424 Likes Received
    Reconstructing knees is not the same science and art it once was. These guys are coming back as good or better than before. A lot has to do with the surgical techniques and materials. Just as much is related to the rehab. It's not failsafe but most of these athletes are stronger and better balanced than before the injury.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    I find it hard to believe that the knee is better after the injury then before
  11. CashMan

1,326 Messages
    155 Likes Received

Exactly, Look at Tommy John surgery. No one has comeback like AP did from that either. AP is the outlier in this.
  12. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,090 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    AP's season was so good no one even noticed Jamaal Charles' 285 rushes for 1,509 yards at 5.3 per for the worst team in the league after his ACL.
  13. CashMan

1,326 Messages
    155 Likes Received

He also had 3 more months of recovery.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    Ahhh, J Charles. Taken in the 3rd round...two rounds later than Felix.
    :bang2: :laugh2:
    I know, broken record.
    But that's one pick I have a hard time letting go of. Rice Rice, Chris Johnson, J Cahrles, Matt Forte...good grief.
  15. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,090 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    wow, that's a little
  16. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Member

272 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I agree to disagree man...I think Strasburg looked REALLY good last year for the Nats. Age plays a huge part in how they recover. That being said, Revis can take the first plane to Oakland.
  17. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Don't the Niners have like a billion draft picks? I'm guessing they will at least be in the mix...
  18. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...because they are a GOOD organization and very well run. They know that a team doesn't have to spend a ton of money and high draft picks on corners when they can sign a solid FA or draft younger, more affordable players like they've done NOW with success. Jerrah should take notes but won't of course.

For the record, Revis wants the VERY similar money to Mario WIlliams of Buffalo according to a couple NY papers and FOx Sports....that is absolutely :laugh2: .........it wouldn't be so :laugh2: if he wasn't coming off a torn ACL....just ridiculous.
  19. CashMan

1,326 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Right, but he didn't pitch 200 innings.
  20. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

687 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Revis is a primadonna. He held out twice and threatend to hold out again beginning of the season. They guy has no moral to honor the contract.

Whoever signs him for big money and draft picks is a fool organization.

As a player, he is once in a generation though.