1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Martez Wilson anyone ?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by UnoDallas, Feb 6, 2011.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We need a guy to take Bradies place nect year - I believe he will be sittin there at our number 2 pick

Martez Wilson ILB, Illinois 6-4 #250

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,470 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    Where is Brady going and what is that scar from? That is nasty!
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He was stabbed in a bar fight. No, I'm not kidding.

There are various versions of the story as far as if he started it or was there helping a friend and so on.

He also had a major neck injury in 2009 that required surgery.

Dig into his past a little more and it's not that last time you will begin to wonder about this kids character issues.

Thanks but no thanks
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    just tired of seeing him trying to keep up with TE's running across the field

his contract is up in 2012

why not have his replacement already here
  5. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    why dig

he gets into a barfight an gets cut - I been in many a bar fight

at least he will get into a bar fight

not so sure many of our D will ?
  6. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    -Charged with theft as a Senior in Highschool, charges were later dropped

-Held over night in jail after a girl at a bar his freshman season stated he slapped her

-Multiple complaints of public intoxication by campus security

-Another detainment for aggressive nature towards a woman outside a club as a Sophomore.

No charges were never brought for any of these and technically he has no record but how much of a trend do you need. Getting into a fight at a bar is not a badge of honor and multiple incidents involving bars and liquor start to tell a whole different problem.

Did you really say "at least he will get into a bar fight"?

facepalm
  7. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yup lol

doubting that the any of the Cowboys D would
  8. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,784 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    hmmm.......so no more guilty than Ben Rothlesburger or Kobe B. then...
  9. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I knew he had a rap sheet, but I didn't know it was that long.
  10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,849 Messages
    2,330 Likes Received
    we need this kid

drop dowm in first and pick up carimi/sherrod
    take wisniewski with 2a
    take wilson with 2b
    take kendrik ellis with 3
    take randall cobbs with 4

huff in FA

now we have a real OL
    strong up the middle on defense
    slot WR/KR/PR
  11. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Still no thanks.

Character concerns
    Injury concerns
    bust most of all, for such a physical freak he just never lived up to the hype. His numbers are pedestrian at best. With the numbers he will put up at the combine and his athletic ability he should of dominated and he was a little better then average at best.
  12. IlliniNation

IlliniNation Member

72 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Ive seen Wilson play many games here at Illinois. I will give him this...he is freakishly athletic. He has only had one good year here. Last year he had the kneck injury, but he wasnt playing well before that. He has a long rap sheet as previously stated. The whole stabbing at the bar, he said he was defending a teamate or something. He had multiple altercations with Champaign police. I do think he finally grew up this year and played well, but the past scares me. He really hasnt played much inside LB. He was recruited as a DE. He was kinda like the Cowboy's DeMarcus Ware his soph and jr years. He lined up at DE and OLB. So he can play multiple spots.

But, he was a bust until this year here at Illinois. I'd fear him being a bust at the NFL level and being an off the field distraction.
  13. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

The truth spoken from his own fan base.

Also if were looking for Physical freaks at LB I would rather take a look at Dontay Moch who has top level character and will make Wilson look like he is moving in sand. Yeah he is a little small but he will probably weigh in around 250 from reports I hear which is way up from his playing weight. If he keeps his speed at the weight, watch out. Verified 4.2 to 4.3 speed, are you serious!
  14. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He looks like he can be a decent ILB, but from what I've seen (not much) I think he'll be a stud as a 3-4 OLB. He's a freak. JMO. Still don't want anything to do with him, although that scar is gangster. :lmao:
  15. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what about Kenrick Ellis NT Hampton 6-5 #340

he has issues also

and so does Phil Taylor ?
  16. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So all of these issues is why he is ranked the number one LBer ?
  17. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I'd be much more willing to take a chance on a player with alot of upside who has character concerns in the 4th round then i would a player im taking in the 2nd round.
  18. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Have you seen this years class? May be the thinnest in 10 years. You may see 2 taken in the first 2 rounds of the draft.
  19. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you speak of character concerns

well what a player who kills a guy on Friday or Sat then plays in the SB on Sun ?

At around 4 a.m. on January 31st outside of an Atlanta nightclub where a post Super Bowl party was winding down, an argument broke out between two groups. The altercation escalated from verbal to physical when one man struck another over the head with a champagne bottle. The actions to take place in the following chaotic moments were fast and furious, and it seems no two eyewitnesses saw the same thing. What is conclusive about the outcome is that a limousine sped away, gunshots were fired at it, and Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar died from multiple stab wounds. If convicted along with his two friends, Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens will go from three-time All-Pro to lifetime inmate.

I’m not trying to end my career like this," Lewis reportedly said in his hotel room after the fatal fight. This will be the very same room that the prosecution will attempt to show a "blood trail" leading to, with the assistance of a forensics expert no less renowned than Henry Lee of the famed O.J. Simpson defense team. So far, the state of Georgia’s case against Lewis has been rather flawed. Since the trial began, several witnesses whose testimony would supposedly demonstrate Lewis’ guilt have altered the stories initially given to investigators. Their testimonies were supposed to show that Ray Lewis hit, kicked or stabbed someone, and that he even admitted as much afterwards

money will get you out of anything won't it

just saying
  20. IlliniNation

IlliniNation Member

72 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Saw where Dallas picked up Martez recently. He sure hasnt had a very good career. Hope he can get it going in Dallas.