1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Matt Johnson could be a special player...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,078 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I done a little research on the guy and he is strong, fairly fast, and had a 38" vertical. I think we are in for a real surprise once he gets healthy. I just have a gut feeling about this guy. He's also a ball hawk, intercepting alot of passes in college. He reminds me of a smaller Sean Lee in that he is a smart player always around the ball. He will be starting for us soon. I know I will get alot of negative posts about being so high on the guy but I think this kid is for real. He just needs to beat the injury bug......:starspin
  2. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,130 Messages
    664 Likes Received
    The only thing I noticed is this guy is small . I was standing right next to him in Oxnard I'm 5"10 190 and he was about the same size . ( I don't care what the listing says ) we will see but hopefully he could just stay healthy
  3. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    *could be.

I doubt he ever will be, though. Talk about injury-prone.

I honestly don't even know what this guy looks like.
  4. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,198 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    Sasquatch is a strong beast, Loch-ness is a good swimmer, etc. he is a mythical creature to me until I see him on an NFL field :)
  5. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hahahahaha. Exactly.
  6. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,034 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Haha well said my friend
  7. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Another from whom to expect great things: Danny Coale.

:)
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,028 Messages
    5,381 Likes Received
    6'-5/8", 212 lbs That's an official pre-draft measurement, not the cowboys or a college roster listing.
  9. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,078 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I understand what your saying about him having to prove himself but he does have the size, 6' 1", speed 4.5, and strength and smarts to make a good player. He's also a hard hitter. Everywhere I looked had him listed at 6' 1" so he's probably that tall and he weights 215. Hey, there's nothing wrong with hoping a player on the team becomes a good/great player...

[IMG]
  10. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,356 Messages
    762 Likes Received
    OP left out "Teams" in the title

Could be a special teams player

Absolutely
  11. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,629 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    Arkin too! just give him 3 more seasons to build up NFL strength!
  12. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,143 Messages
    2,726 Likes Received
    If Kiffin comes to Dallas, and Johnson does stay healthy, I would expect good things from him. Kiffin does wonders with safeties.

As for his health... it was problematic hamstrings that kept him out for so long this season, so it's not like he was ripping ligaments out left and right. And he had never had prior hamstring issues before this year.
  13. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Probably pushing himself hard to be faster in the 40 and his legs paid the price. He seems to have good football speed regardless of 40 times. I'm hoping that he gets healthy so we can see him supplant Sensabaugh.
  14. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    And Jason Garrett is an effective, smart, valuable, non-detrimental NFL coach who calls plays that lead to points to win games, and can will his players to play to win those games with his competitive drive and in-game strategy.
  15. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,704 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    Hopefully of Kiffen does come he can turn him ala John Lynch
  16. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  17. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,271 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Another Matt Johnson hype thread! :eek:
  18. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,137 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    He looks to have fantastic instincts. He flies to the ball like a younger Troy Polamalu without the hair. I came away quite impressed after watching film on him. I know Bryan Broaddus was very impressed with him as well. It was quite disappointing that he couldn't get on the field this year with all the injuries we had at the safety position. He could have gained some valuable experience.
  19. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    He hasn't played NEARLY enough (in the preseason no less) to have any type of idea on his "instincts".
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :laugh1: