1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Matt Ryan is 1-5 in win or go home games

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Jan 21, 2013.

1. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,302 Messages
    444 Likes Received
    Is now 1-5 in win or go home games. Remember that was the headline for Romo heading into the week 17 matchup vs the 'Skins?! I'll keep Romo over "Matty ice", Idk how in the hell he got that nickname.

I have read on here that some of you "Would rather have Matt instead of Romo". Sorry for the wake up call, guys, Matt Ryan is a choke artist! Some people have no idea what we have in Romo 'til he's gone. Let's be honest here, you can have Orton playing for the Falcons and they'll still be in the playoffs year in and year out.
  2. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,270 Messages
    900 Likes Received
    This is true.
  3. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    With Ryan there is less of a chance for the heartbreak rollercoaster than ROmo, but Tony bring a whole lot more special plays than Maddy Ice . A handle hung on him by Rich Eisen from the NFL network.
  4. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    2 things:

1. He was playing in the NFC Championship to go to the Superbowl. Romo can't even get into the playoffs..
    2. He's not the QB for the Dallas Cowboys. Whole different ball game.
  5. taggy24

taggy24 Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he could be 0-5 if pete carrol didnt blew it and seahawk could be in superbowl now...
  6. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,169 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Yeah, he was only the number one pick in the draft.
  7. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,712 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    Yay, Romo has some company.

By the way, Ryan>Romo.

Text me when Romo takes us to the NFC championship game.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,513 Messages
    2,391 Likes Received
    Ryan is plenty good.
    Flacco, Kap, Wilson...all are fine too.
    So is Romo, for that matter.

People tend to underestimate the power of a QB being comfortable in the pocket--knowing he's not going to get hit play after play after play.
    Even the absolute very best look like totally different players once the defensive pressure is dialed up.

Yesterday, both winning teams were able to keep their QBs in the comfort zone pretty much the entire game, while a least somewhat dialing up some pressure in the second half vs their opponent.

Even in a losing cause, both Ryan and Brady still had obscene protection relative to what Cowboy fans are used to seeing. But they did get hit a couple of times in the second half and you could see a noticable difference in their play afterwards.
  9. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,654 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    Yes let's compare QB's

This will make the haters go away :rolleyes:
  10. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,302 Messages
    444 Likes Received
    That should be a yearly ritual for that club. You seen all the weapons they have? If Romo would have been the QB for the Falcons they'd already have a Lambordi or 2!
  11. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Maybe someone will text you when the COWBOYS TEAM takes us to the playoffs!

Romo is 1 of 53 players on the COWBOYS TEAM.

:cool:
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,920 Messages
    1,375 Likes Received
    I don't understand why people try so hard on this. Let it go.

People who hate Romo and don't want him here are going to hate Romo and not want him here even if he leads the Cowboys to the Superbowl.

That's just how it is. They hate him. He's not the guy they want so it doesn't matter what he does they're going to hate him.

I am a big time Romo guy. I think he can and will get it done here but there are still a select few QBs that I'd gladly take over him if given the chance to switch. That's just the way football is.
  13. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Or 3. No biggie.
  14. 5Stars

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    :star:
  15. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    I swear some of the people on these boards act like it's easy to be a QB in the NFL or something. Or that's it's easy to get to the SB, let alone win one.

How many times did the QB greats fail in the playoffs? How long did it take before Elway got to a SB and won? Marino? Got there once and never won. How many times has Peyton Manning underperformed in the playoffs? He was notorious for it before he finally won a SB. Even Tom Brady has come up short in the playoffs numerous times, i.e. yesterday. But they're all-time great QB's.

The point being, it's incredibly hard to play QB in the NFL, even harder to lead your team to the SB. And this notion that every win or loss falls on the QB is ridiculous. Yes, they control a vast portion of the outcome, but there's 50 other players the team that play a huge role too. Defense and special teams are just as important to winning in the playoffs.

If Matt Ryan makes ONE more throw and it's a TD, the Falcons go to the SB and suddenly Ryan's one of the most clutch QB's in the game. But instead, he's one throw away, and suddenly he's a choke artist. Fans don't understand the complexity of the game. Anyways, that's my rant. Take it for what it's worth.
  16. 5Stars

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    :star:
  17. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,302 Messages
    444 Likes Received
    That's what separate's elite from average my friend.

Edit: view full quote to see what I was referring too.
  18. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,009 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    How so? You act like romo has never played with weapons before. If history is right he would be where he is today. He has never won at any level. The Cowboys have gone as far as making this team "romo friendly" how has that worked out so far?
  19. 5Stars

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Who cares about the past. There is more football to come.

Oh, and Romo will be there, with the team.
  20. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,270 Messages
    900 Likes Received
    They never actually made the team "Romo friendly". That was Jerry lip service that he never fully followed through on.