1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mavs/Heat Finals thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by The30YardSlant, May 26, 2011.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here we go, 2006 all over again.
  2. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    If the refs were on the Heats side throughout this series like they were tonight, I think I might vomit.
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dwyane Wade cashed in his ref get out of jail free card in the fourth tonight, that's for sure
  4. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Heat will probably win this series and one of the main reasons will be the amount of trips to the foul line.

You won't be able to breath on Lebron James in the Finals without a foul being called.
  5. danielofthesaints

1,038 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    1- Mavs
    2- Heat
    3- Heat
    4- Mavs
    5- Mavs
    6- Mavs

Mavs in 6.
  6. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    That was pretty bad, granted the bulls lost because of a lack of execution down the stretch, but this was kept from becoming a blowout by the refs at the end of the third. Hopefully the refs will give Dirk just as much love as they give lebron and wade
  7. romomania

romomania Active Member

526 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    The 4 point call was legit, Lebron coming back down hitting a tough 3, DRose missing the 2nd FT, and then the last play by the bulls was another garbage shot. Don't put this on the refs, Chicago collapsed.
  8. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wade just kicked his legs out and acted like he got shot. Classic D-Whistle.
  9. danielofthesaints

1,038 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    No way. Derrick Rose put his arms straight up and Wade initiated the contact so they could call the foul. You forgot that layup where nobody touched Wade as he went up for the lay-up. The rebound by Noah where he phantom fouled Bosh. That was extremely unwarranted. I can go on....
  10. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    i agree it was not a horrible call, but if wade doesnt act like he just got shot he wouldnt have gotten the call. Plus the refs kept them in the game in the third, they stopped calling bad stuff in the fourth
  11. romomania

romomania Active Member

526 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Next time you guys catch a replay of that play take notice of DRose hitting Wade on the elbow. I will be rooting for the Heat but the Mavs are going to be tough. I'm not picking a winner yet but should be exciting.
  12. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
  13. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,143 Messages
    604 Likes Received
    Wrong. Re-watch the play. Rose's arm was bent at an angle towards Wade, hence the contact and the correct foul call.

Blame the refs all you want... the Bulls choked yet again, and the Heat came up clutch yet again. And Derrick Rose led the choke brigade yet again. Another awful 4th quarter by the "MVP" who can't do a damn thing when LeBron is on him one-on-one.
  14. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,265 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Wrong.
  15. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hopefully the Mavs win and the Heat's plane crashes on the way back to Miami when it's over.
  16. romomania

romomania Active Member

526 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Move to time 1:55 on this video. Foul all day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb8S50fndPs

Who locks up Dirk? I'm thinking Bosh, Haslem, and James have to take turns. That way you don't risk foul trouble for Bosh.

I'm picking the Heatles in 5. The Mavs are about to experience a D that they haven't even come close to facing in the west. They are tenacious all the way to the 3 pt line. Scoring for Miami's players as a whole should be easier than what they just went through with these Bulls. Oh and a King will be present in a #6 Heat jersey :worthy2:.
  17. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,278 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    Why is that wrong? The foul was not for the body contact, it was for the initial contact on the elbow.
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,512 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    Heat in 6.

But the scarier prospect is that the Heat is going to be even better next year.
  19. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,667 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Go Heat!!!
  20. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Mavs should be used to this. I think OKC must have sent all their players to acting school because they got a lot of calls from flopping hard to the ground when barely touched.