1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mavs vs. Lakers Tonight

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by obadiah_stane, Oct 30, 2012.

1. obadiah_stane

obadiah_stane New Member

31 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Doesn't look pretty. No Dirk, no Kaman, and Eddie Curry starting at Center. Even if Kobe doesn't play it's hard to see the Mavs having much of a chance, but stranger things have happened.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,050 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    I don't even think it would be that strange if the Mavs beat the Lakers. Lakers are 0-8 in the pre-season. They are not exactly beating the world down. I can easily see the Mavs winning that game.
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    It was preseason.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,177 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    Mavs just need to tread water these first 15 games. Overall, the early schedule overall is not disasterous. If they can go 8-7 and get Drik back and intergrated, it could be entertaining at least.
  5. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,035 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    im looking forward to seeing OJ mayo and collison on the wings. we have not had any young athletic G's in a while
  6. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    We shall see. Im worried about back up PG. They gotta get another guy. I doubt we beat LA. You never know.
  7. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    If Kaman and Elton stay healthy they have a ballin front court. Dirk should be ok now. Knock on wood.
  8. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    its kind of pathetic that the mavs keep picking up all these scrubs the spurs cut, dont you guys have a scouting team?
  9. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Looking good so far...
  10. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
  11. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I hate when the Mavs play the Lakers.........cause I want both teams to lose.
  12. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    LA still has no bench and Mike Brown got completely out coached by Rick tonight. Great win Mavs!
  13. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Blow it up. This Lakers team clearly doesn't have what it takes to win it all.

Nash is done, Kobe is a selfish ball hog, Dwight isn't better than Bynum, Pau is soft, MWP is still crazy, and Brown is more mentally incompetent than Jason Garrett.

On a serious note the team looked completely out of sync which is what you'd expect from what's basically a brand new team. It's gonna take some time, but once these guys get some chemistry they're gonna be very difficult to beat.

Let's not forget a couple of years ago after Miami signed LeBron and Bosh they got off to a terrible 9-8 start. Them they got their chemistry going, made the Finals, and would've won the championship had LeBron not gone Casper against Dallas.
  14. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Aren't you a Floppers fan? We'll see if your still laughing when the Floppers choke in the playoffs again while the Lakers go deep in the playoffs. Pretty comical that you're posting this picture after one loss. :laugh2:
  16. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,153 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Lakers won't win with Mike Brown. Like Garrett, another coach way in over his head.

If I were Buss I'd fly to Montana and give Phil a blank check. Only chance they got.

BTW: So glad to have Barkley back. "I want my accountant and lawyer from Princeton. Not my damn offense." :lmao2: :lmao:
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,889 Messages
    2,131 Likes Received
    Carlisle put on a clinic last night.

He is one of the top coaches in the NBA. So many of the good ones have left and now he is one of the best.
  18. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    What a fantastic butt whipping. Wow D12 is a liability on the FT line. Mavs played great team ball.Pop will hack him whole game.I like how nobody talked about the Mavs but its 14 minutes about the Fakers then a minute,"o yea the Mavs played well" lol. Very nice and minus Dirkistan and Kaman. One game but we ran them out of the gym. Collison ran circles around Nash. Nash is awful at defense . Either way-#TEAM
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,889 Messages
    2,131 Likes Received
    I couldn't help but think of how stupid Deron Williams is for not coming to this franchise during the game.
  20. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I hope they get crushed by the Knicks even if it means rooting for the trader Kidd.Then again Kidds decision may be the best thing for us.Our starting PG scored 17. thats unreal. Kidd averaged like 2 lol