1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Maybe Jerry will go after Payton Manning

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by DA FAN, Jan 23, 2011.

1. DA FAN

DA FAN Active Member

1,081 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Peyton is in contract negotiations with Colts.

If they can't get a deal done, Jerry is going after him.

I'm saying I finally figured Jerry out.

I now understand his thinking.

Jerry is NOT about winning Championships.

He is all about the next big Story.

Signing Deion Sanders.

Hiring Bill Parcells.

Building his Taj Mahal.

Where will next big story come from?

Sign Patyon Manning..

Does it sound crazy. Yes, and that is exactly what Jerry is.

CRAZY!!!

Am I pixxed? YES!

I'm sitting here watching FOX and it's driving me crazy that the Cowboys are not playing. I am really tired. It's been too long.

Jerry has torn apart what Tex Schramm and Tom Landry built.

An ELITE Franchise!!
  2. JVita17

JVita17 Benched

1,340 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He will never leave the Colts.
  3. xout

xout Believer

487 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who's Payton Manning?
  4. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,023 Messages
    1,550 Likes Received
    I got nuthin'. :(
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,440 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    Please curtail the crazy talk... Asomugha is the splash that we will all see soon. Finally a splash that will pay dividends for the Boys... We haven't had one of those since Deon came to town.
  6. 2233boys

2233boys Benched

2,283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry is an idiot bringing in Parcells and Sanders were two of the intelligent things he has done. As anside, bringing in Peyton would be a another good one but it isn't going to happen.

Jerry has ruined what two good coaches built Johnson and Parcells.
  7. DA FAN

DA FAN Active Member

1,081 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL.. Thanks..
  8. TD-33

TD-33 Benched

2,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Only 95 more days until the draft!
  9. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    If we sign Asomugha, who do we get rid of? Newman? Jenkins? Scandrick? Newman is a heck of a lot better than Jenkins? Scandrick is better right now. Jenkins has too much potential to be let go.

Would your corners be:

Newman and Asomugha?

Asomugha and Jenkins?

Moving Newman to safety is not viable, he is not good enough in run support. Getting rid of him and relying on Jenkins is a bad idea.

I just don't like this move.
  10. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Really upset during this past season; going 6-10 stinks even if it does give As upset us the chance to get some really good players to help our team. OTOH, find myself even more depressed then I was as I watch all the hype re last 4 teams in the playoffs.

Since we won our last SB in Jan 96, the Steelers have won 2 SBs & I expect they have good chance to win their 7th. Really rooting for Jets (who I hate) and the Bears (cause I also don't like GB). I want to stand in Jerry Jones office and get in his face; really let him have it. We haven't won a SB in 15 years; heck we haven't even made it to a championship game. Took us 14 years just to win a playoff game. It's all his fault after all he claims he makes all the decisions, etc., and look where we are at. Don't even trust him not to screw up this draft. He'll do something stupid and we still won't address some of our priority concerns.

Garrett & Ryan might be our last hope to finally make it to the big game. We've stll got some good players on this team: Witten, Ware, Romo, Ratliff, Dez but the time is running out for all of them but Dez. If we don't have a good draft & don't get the chance to sign any good FAs who can start for us, we might make the playoffs but won't go far. If Garrett doesn't succeed within 3 years to at least get us to championship game, the window will have closed and a major restructuring of this team will again be necessary. Probably by then Jerry will just appoint himself as HC.

Sorry about my depression.
  11. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,440 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    Asomugha / whoever wins the camp battle between Newman and Jenkins...

Nickel: Scandrick

The losers of the camp battle between Jenkins & Newman can suck it up and try to wrestle the Nickel spot from Scandrick.

I'm not opposed to Newman at "free" Safety if his pride doesn't get in the way of making a move that will benefit the team. As FS he won't be asked to come up and stop the run..

I love the Asomugha pickup. Absolutely loooove it... Rob is trying to get him. Don't think he is standing pat on that possibility...
  12. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,124 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    Yea but if Jerry doesn't want to spend the money on Asomugha than Rob can try all he wants but it isn't happening. And free safeties need to be able to stop the run as well. How many times did we see Alan Ball bounce off of running backs or simply just get ran over this season by a running back? Newman is a good tackler. I think he can handle it but with Newman it comes down to health. If he can stay healthy. I think he has a better chance of staying healthy at corner than he does at safety.
  13. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,415 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    This is one of those posts where you just say - Why?
  14. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,831 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Cowboys were elite in the 80's? Plus any true Cowboys fan knows Jerry was required to fire Coach Landry
  15. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,440 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    FS aren't "regularly" required to stop the run. Ball and Safety shouldn't even fit in to the same stratosphere.. let alone same paragraph. Newman could convert to FS. He better be thinking about that possibility with an open mind if he wants to extend his career. Rob says so. :p:
  16. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Dont look here. I'm at a loss for words.
  17. 2233boys

2233boys Benched

2,283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ***???
  18. TD-33

TD-33 Benched

2,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like your idea, but Payten is too expensive! How about Cerry Kollins? He is awesome too. If he played in Dallas we would win the Super Bowls.
  19. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,714 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Right after Jerry cures cancer and male pattern baldness he'll get to manning, apparently you think he can afford to do anything.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,847 Messages
    2,096 Likes Received
    Creating your own stroies so you can rip on Jerry?