1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Maybe this will make some feel better !!!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Apr 25, 2012.

1. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,387 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    2012 NFL Draft: Brockers Appearance Suggests New England Patriots Might Trade Up

by Sean Rollins
    s
    Crystal LoGiudice-US Presswire
    The New England Patriots are going into the 2012 NFL Draft with two pressing needs: defensive line and defensive back. Over the last 24 hours, LSU star defensive lineman Michael Brockers has been spotted at Patriot Place and Gillette Stadium, home of the Patriots.

So are the Patriots planning a move? Michael Brockers is one of the top defensive lineman in the draft and by all indications, he will not be available when the Patriots make their first selection late in the first round. However, these reports seem to indicate that the Patriots are taking an interest in the lineman described as similar to Richard Seymour who the Patriots traded prior to the 2009 season. This would seem to be a possible move for the team as they have been unable to fill the void left by Seymour at right end since his departure.

With the 27th selection in the first round being the first selection for New England, chances are virtually non-existent that Brockers would be available that late. Most projections for the big lineman have him going about midway through the first round possibly as high as 11th and as low as 25th but it would be very surprising to see him go any lower than that. It’s possible that the Patriots could make a trade with one of those teams to acquire what the Patriots may see as an essential piece to the future of their defense.

Currently the Patriots interest level in Brockers is purely speculation as pre-draft visits are common in the NFL and in no way mean that a team is serious in pursuing a particular player or pick. However, with the potential of a player such as Brockers, there exists a real possibility that his skill set may convince the Patriots front office to make a move to grab one of the premier defensive linemen in this year’s draft.

Credit: RantSports/Yardbarker
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Yeah it does but not in the way anyone seems to want to hear.
  3. Tex

Tex Member

517 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    It is what I want to hear. That somehow NE trades up for him. To us or anyone above us.

Tex
  4. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,050 Messages
    179 Likes Received

The Pats may believe he could fall to 27 or into the low 20's where they could move up a few spots. That's about it.
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

2,762 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    How many mock drafts have him falling into the 20's? Just curious.
  6. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You could say that about alot of players that dropped low in the draft.
  7. Corleone

Corleone Active Member

960 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    I've seen a lot of them with him getting into the twenties, they aren't the consensus picks but I have seen him down there many times.
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

6,832 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    New England, what he can't play 3/4 NT.

:eek::
  9. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,344 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Well, though I'm not as keen on the Brockers pick, I'm going to take it in stride.

I'm going to trust Tom C., Garrett, and R Ryan. They clearly have done their homework. Let's hope they hit it out of the ball park.
  10. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,173 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    If this guy is Richard Seymour version 2.0 then sign me up. We can only hope that New England and Dallas know what they have in the kid.
  11. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,376 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    11 for 27, 31 and a 4th.
  12. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,014 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Isn't Brockers a big Cowboy fan? If I recall correclty didn't he say when he declared it would be his dream to play for the Cowboys?
  13. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    yeah, there was an article somewhere this morning about that.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,176 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    Bellicek has not exactly been good at picking D line since Wilfolk.
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

13,884 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received
    Good, let the Pats blow their wad on him. The last thing we need is another front 7 guy that cant rush the passer, we already have plenty of those.
  16. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,376 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    He hasn't got his bat off his shoulder since then as far as 1st rounders go. His success was picking all those guys with really early picks.