1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McCain asks crowd to be 'respectful' of Obama

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Heisenberg, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,853 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/McCain_asks_crowd_to_be_respectful_of_Obama.html

McCain asks crowd to be 'respectful' of Obama

Working to dampen the angry crowd meme, McCain tells his Minnesota rally to take it easy, Amie Parnes reports:

Later in the event, man in the audience stood up and told McCain he's "scared" of an Obama presidency and who he'd select for the Supreme Court.

"I have to tell you. Sen. Obama is a decent person and a person you don't have to be scared of as president of the United States," McCain said as the crowd booed and shouted "Come on, John!"

"If I didn't think I'd be a heck of a lot better, I wouldn't be running for President of the United States."

If it's not the Times editorial board jeering him, it's his own crowd.
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,853 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    At least he's trying.
  3. avaj

avaj Guest

It shouldn't have come to this, just sad :(
  4. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The man needs to show some fire, not this "Be respectful" bull****.

His supporters don't want to see that, many of them DO NOT LIKE Barack Obama.
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Well if anyone dislikes Obama, they should simply vote for McCain, without him resorting to attacks. It doesn't show a weakness, it shows a willingness to avoid lowering himself to that level. It actually makes him more respectable and more plausible a leader.
  6. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,621 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    There was more, apparently:

7. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    They just showed a clip on Hardball of a old women getting up and taking the microphone from McCain to ask a question and she said...I can't trust Obama...he's a Arab.

McCain shook his head in I can't believe what I'm hearing (the crowd actually laughed at the lady)...grabbed the Mic and said No he's not an Arab (the lady says...No?) and he goes on to say he's a respectable man and family man and that they just have political differences and that's what the election should be about.

Then they showed a clip from a little bit later in the rally and you couldn't hear the question, but McCain says sombely...Obama is a decent person and a person you don't have to be scared of being President of the U.S.

The crowd got pissed and started booing...then he said look...If I didn't think I was a better choice then I wouldn't be running.

It was Obviously that McCain knows things are getting out of control with these crowds and he's trying to put a halt to it.(Should have never got this far)

The guys on the show were saying that McCain's camp must be getting some polling numbers that are showing that this kind of stuff is backfiring and McCain knows he needs to get back to the issues.

We'll see.

Even though I give credit to McCain for correcting these poeple...I loved his own crowd booing him. :D
  8. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yep that's what I was talking about.
  9. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think allot of these people are dem shills making out to be republicans. And even if not, there are not that many of them. There are morons on both sides.
  10. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Those people were RED MEAT Republicans.

:lmao2:
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know that because you know them personally? :rolleyes:
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,437 Messages
    3,672 Likes Received
    Those that know me, those that know what I do and do not believe might be shocked at what I am going to say here, but it is just how serious I am about the way these things have been getting and how much I respect him for calling these people out and telling them to settle it down. Four words that make shock the ever loving bleep out of some on this board.

God Bless John McCain.

And I do not say this with sarcasm, mockery, sly malice or any other negative aspect.

I have said this time and time again that I don't think John McCain has liked this line of attack and I could only give him the benefit of the doubt that it was his campaign pushing this while he has held back. I think he started going with it because he feels it is his last shot and I was questioning his integrity because of it. But doing this to his base that was getting out of control, even to their own boos, makes me thankful that he finally said enough is enough. Not about the ties, not about the questionable past, but the over the top way in which multiple members of the audience in multiple rallies have been acting.

Thank you John McCain. As I stated in an earlier thread. You might not like the opponent, you might not agree with his politics, you may question his ties or past...but enough is enough when the crowd is yelling to kill him, off with his head, bomb obama and other statements.

Thank you again John McCain, Thank you.
  13. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,357 Messages
    4,317 Likes Received
    Great post, Brain..
  15. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Like I said I give him credit for tonight.

But is he going to stop Palin from now on getting people riled up like this?

That will be the true test.

If he doesn't, tonight means nothing.
  16. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,568 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    So you're saying there are actually moronic Republicans! Cajun - are you not feeling well?
  17. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,437 Messages
    3,672 Likes Received
    Maybe you are joking and maybe you are not. But cajun has called out that there are loons, morons and fringe type people on both sides and he is correct in saying that.

Now saying it is dem plant shills and that line is something silly even for him, an argument that makes no sense once the majority of the crowd BOOED when McCain made that statemet...but let's not act like he has not said their are loons or morons on both sides.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sure there are. Morons on the republican side as well as the democratic side. Why is that hard for you to believe?
  19. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brain, it's been done before. Many times at rallies all over America. People posing as one side and then doing something to embarrass that party or candidate. That said, I'm not sure of it but it wouldn't surprise me.

The fact that people boo'd was probably because they are tired of McCain being a wimp and not at least taking on Obama directly.

But whatever. The lady was a moron. Whether a Republican or a democrat. We have our share, just like the Dems.
  20. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,568 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I assure you I was joking Cajun. And completely agree with you Brain about McCains comfort level Re the personal attacks. I think Rovians sold him a bill of goods which was made only slightly more palatable by the fact he witnessed those tactics result in success for Bush AGAINST MCCAIN.

He's prolly scratching his head wondering why the country waited until HIS RUN to grow a collective conscience. He's twice-scrod.