1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McCain Guys, Why Is This Not Relevant?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,210 Messages
    1,959 Likes Received
    Evening fellas,

I was watching some TV and channel surfing and came across a segment on the Alaska Indepence Party. It showed some of the comments that the founder made, I dont remember his name, but it was very "anti-american", like he wasnt going to live under this dam flag of this dam country, ect....

It then said that Todd Palin was an actual member of this organization and that Sarah Palin gave a video address to this Party recently and stated in the video "keep up the good work".

So McCain guys, why is this pretty strong connection from the Palins to this founder who clearly has radical, anti-american views not relevant and doesnt show "bad judgement" on her part to associate with a successionist group whos founder has radical, anti-American views?

Isnt the idea of possibly the Vice President of the United States telling a successionist group to "keep up the good work" a little disturbing to any of yall?
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,824 Messages
    85 Likes Received
  3. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,556 Messages
    1,643 Likes Received
    From Obama's perspective, it's not relevant because he would lose any comparison between the past nefarious associations of the candidates.

Despite their rancorous bluster, the Alaska Independence Party has never tried to kill anybody. Bill Ayers, however, has; by his own admission, he's been involved in multiple attempted bombings.

Therefore, the Obama campaign gains no advantage in playing the AIP card.

And for the record, I think Billy Ayers is a non-issue. Even if the absolute worst is true and Obama really is a muslim terrorist intent on implementing Shia Law (and once again, for the record, I don't think he is), he would never be successful in doing so. He would be kicked out of office--either via impeachment or the next election cycle--and the American public would eviscerate the Democratic Party.
  4. Beast_from_East

14,210 Messages
    1,959 Likes Received
    Good point, I agree.

I just see all this stuff being raised about Obama's associations and then I see this and think, "what is good for the goose is good for the gander".

I guess that is why I am not a politician. If I was Obama, I would probably punch McCain in the face for what he and Palin have been saying all week.
  5. Beast_from_East

14,210 Messages
    1,959 Likes Received
    Thanks for the link, it is probably smart for Obama not to raise this and keep on the Economy.

However, if I was Obama I would watch my poll numbers and the second they start to slide from this crap is when I would have about 15 ads already in the closet to start airing the next day on this AIP stuff.
  6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,824 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Well, he basically called him out in an interview with Charlie Gibson. He wondered why McCain wouldn't say it to his face.

Biden basically said the same thing. That where he grew up, if you had something like this to say to another man, you'd come up and say it to his face.

It seems to me that the campaign is going to start pushing that message and if/when McCain brings it up at the next debate, make him look bad for doing it.
  7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,824 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Well, their Keating Five web documentary thing wasn't put together at the last minute. They had it ready to use in case the campaign made a turn that way. I'm guessing they have more ready as well.
  8. Beast_from_East

14,210 Messages
    1,959 Likes Received
    Good, that is the way I was raised also. If somebody had a problem with you or if you had a problem with them, you said what you had to say to their face.

Now I admit that I did get into some fights and sometimes I lost and sometimes I won. However, we each had respect for each other after the fight for having the balls to face one another and "work it out".

Maybe that is what McCain and Obama should do, just kick the crap out of each other at the last debate, have a freaking cage match!!!
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,942 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    Put my money on the old white guy. Anyone who can survive 6 years in the Hanoi hilton can take that soft community organizer any day.
  10. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do they have the video of her saying this? If so, I'm surprised that it hasn't surfaced yet.
  11. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama saying McCain should say it to his face is a trap. So, Obama can say "Look who doesn't care about the issues American's care about"

Don't take the bait!
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,824 Messages
    85 Likes Received
  13. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,551 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    Obviously it's a trap.

But what's McCain going to do? His whole campaign is based on Ayers et al. now (even McCain himself used it in his speech yesterday). He told someone in his town hall yesterday that he would go after Obama on the subject in the next debate (sorry, no link, saw it on TV). The campaign and their surrogates like Hannity are behaving like this is the critical issue of the election.

If he doesn't talk about it in the debate, then he gets painted as (a) gutless for not saying it to Obama's face and (b) cynical for not really believing that the issue is important.

If he does bring it up in the debate, Obama's clearly prepared for it, and, if their performances in the previous debates is any guide, will rip him apart.
  14. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,658 Messages
    2,676 Likes Received
    If his own campaign tells us that he can not use a computer because he can not raise his arms because they are so bad...not sure how he could do in a fight where you got to not only raise your hands, but move them quickly.

Not making fun of his situation, Just saying that according to his own spokes men and his condition...just hard to get how you would think he would NOW be able to take him out because of what he went through over 30 years ago.

Either way the whole situation is a joke anyways, like they would be at a debate and all of a sudden go WWF in the middle of it.:laugh2:
  16. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,824 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Probably for the same reason that the New Party and Obama thing hasn't caught on. Neither Palin nor Obama were actually members of these fringe parties, both parties at one point claimed they were, most likely for political stunt and there are no records to back up either claim.

Plus, these parties, on both sides, do stand for some things which are important to either a Republican or Democrat. The AIP is big on state constitution, small government, etc. The New Party was big on workers rights, fair pay, etc. They're not all loons.
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,942 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    The real difference is that Obama spent 20 years with Wright, etc.
    Palin apparently was present maybe half a dozen times with this guy.
  18. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seems like a pretty specific message on what she agrees with them on.

I didn't see much objectionable in it, unless the party really is filled with neo-Nazis or whatever is being claimed.
  19. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's the impression I had as well. Well put.
  20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,658 Messages
    2,676 Likes Received
    And the video address or another one was done...THIS YEAR.

I have also seen a report that a former head of that group had a direct line to her.

I have also seen a report that said when she moved from the council in Wassilla (sp?) to the Mayor spot, the guy that she tried to tab to fill her council seat was a member of that party that had a pretty scary reputation. However that appointment was blocked by others on the council.

There is a connection with that party. She was never a member of it, but there is a connection to it.