1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

McCain steps in it...again

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Heisenberg, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg That gum you like. Zone Supporter

9,566 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=56E555B0-18FE-70B2-A802010BCD63AAE8

I'm not intellectually dishonest enough to claim that I think he meant it the way it sounded, but it's a gaffe.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,614 Messages
    7,321 Likes Received
    Sounds like a stretch to me. I have heard the word divorced used in many ways including a phrase like divorced from reality.

I guess it could be considered a gaff by he, his staff or others because of his history...but to me it sounds like a stretch.

However with the type of campaign we are seeing this time around and the pettiness, the outrageous mock outrage, the stupidity...I would not be shocked if it turns into some idiotic big deal.

Man alive...I wish people would wake up and give the two party system a big wake up call.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,682 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    :hammer:

It is pretty dang pathetic.
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg That gum you like. Zone Supporter

9,566 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    There's no question it's stupid. I mean, as often as the 57 state Obama gaffe is thrown around here, you'd think he really believed there were 57 states. I mean, in context, he meant 47 states and going to the 48th, but switch a number and you're an idiot. It's amusing.

We definitely need a shakeup or something. This process is broken.
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You sound outraged! :D
  6. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,614 Messages
    7,321 Likes Received
    Like a pack of hemorrhoids flaring up. :eek: :laugh2: :p:
  8. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gaffe? More like honest and contrite.
  9. ZB9

ZB9 Active Member

1,028 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the Dems would be foolish to make an issue out of this, considering both of their candidates are senators...one of them has been running for President since the day he got to Washington.

and I think most people know what McCain meant. The people that will buy spin about this arent going to vote for McCain anyway.
  10. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think you nailed it, bbgun.

:)

And, brain, repositioning the parties is what McCain and Palin are doing. You should be clapping for them.

:D
  11. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That quote went right over my head.

I frankly see nothing wrong with it. Maybe somebody should break it down for me, like Denzel Washington would say in Philadelphia, "Like I am a little kid".
  12. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    +1...
  13. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is nothing more that what he's been saying his whole carreer - that Washington has this weird way of divorcing people there from reality. He even said at the convention (referring to the '94 turnover) "we went to change Washington, but instead we let Washington change us".