1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McCoy and Hicks back on team.

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by rkell87, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,967 Messages
    3,465 Likes Received
    So are you saying women hold no responsibility and all responsibility is with the man? I did not know women were so incapable of being responsible for their actions.

If Case and Hicks did wrong then they should pay the price but acting as if women have no responsibility seems to be a slap in the face of women. Since they can't control their own actions
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,032 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received
  3. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,921 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Fact. All too true my friend.
  4. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You have completely missed the boat on this one. All were accused of rape and none have been convicted. Treat them all the same or treat them all different, just don't bother telling me to give McCoy and Hicks the benefit of the doubt.
  5. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Completely different, Manziel is being charged with two misdemeanors, not a felony rape. You should check the facts though, Johnny was in a fight but he didn't beat anyone up. You act as if he is being charged with assault.
  6. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You missed it, this is about a drunk woman not just women in general. A victim is a victim no matter if they were drunk or sober. A perpetrator is still a perpetrator no matter if they were drunk or sober.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,158 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    In the end, the players may very well have been the victims here. Granted, they were stupid.

But if the facts are that they did nothing legally wrong, but then have their lives changed forever due to an accusation by a person feeling regret and shame--and one who got picked up in a bar, was totally hammered, and invited boys to her hotel room and willingly had some play time with one of them--then they are the victims.

If something was done with her against her will, that is an entirely different story.

It should not be so easy to wreck someone's life on heresay.

I have a daughter, so this is tough ground to see objectively. But I also have a son.
  8. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,903 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    He was charged with disorderly conduct, failure to identity and possessing a false identification card.

Why do you assume I don't know the facts? You also know as well as I do that college athletes get lesser charges or dropped charges all of the time... it's much more the norm than facing major charges...
  9. ABQCOWBOY

35,032 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received
    No, that's incorrect. On settled out of court two (2) different times. The other two were released with no charges pressed, never went to court. I can draw you a picture but I really think the differences are easy enough to see just by reading the post.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

35,032 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received
    Oh yeah, this is way different. OK
  11. ABQCOWBOY

35,032 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received
    So drunk, in fact, that the women could not even claim that they rapped her. How can it be rape if the women in question can't recall if she said no or yes?
  12. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,632 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    What if she were passed out? She wouldn't be able to say no or yes, but it could be considered rape.
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,175 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    I don't think those are against the law in the SEC.
  14. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If course it's different he plays for A&M he doesn't play for a Cowboys rival
  15. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,781 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    If the boys were sober and she was intoxicated, it is rape. If she said no and they had sex with her anyway, it is rape. If she passed out and could not respond and they had sex with her it is rape.

However, if she is drunk and they are drunk, how can it be rape. None of them are in their right frame of mind. None of them are legally coherent. Therefore it is just sex from drunken foolish people. Also, I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, if the boys were drunk and she was sober, she could be charged with rape.

I know rape happens quite a bit, especially on college campuses where binge drinking is the norm. It is inexcusable and the perps who do it are garbage.

However, what also happens quite a bit is consentual sex, the feeling of regret the next morning, and a cry of rape to save face. This example right here, and it happens very often, tarnishes and gives a huge slap in the face to those who have been legimate victims of sexual assault. These women have no soul or dignity. If so, they would merely except their foolishness for making a bad decision after a night of drinking and just try not to do it again.....why go and ruin someone's life just because you feel ashamed by your own stupidity.
  16. ABQCOWBOY

35,032 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received
    That's true but if she were passed out, that was not reported and you can not convict someone on a situation that may or may not be the case. Besides, she wasn't passed out when she invited them to her room.
  17. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She cannot say yes if she is drunk, courts have decided this already.
  18. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If both are drunk it is still rape. If the girl didn't want sex when she was sober then it is rape to have sex with her after she is drunk. It is not consensual if she is too drunk to say no. I don't know why this is so hard for someone to understand. The victim blaming here is so disgusting.
  19. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You said he beat someone up but the police report said they were in mutual combat when the police arrived. Keep in mind they had no idea who Johnny was when it happened.

Misdemeanor versus felony. Huge difference.

And so are you. Frankly I hate Johnny Football off the field, if he doesn't get A&M put under NCAA sanctions he will at least kill his own eligibility. I hope he can win a few more games before he ruins his NCAA career. This doesn't mean he has committed a crime anywhere close to rape.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

35,032 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received
    They can't either. Courts have also decided that.