1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McNabb is back

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by rojan, Aug 17, 2007.

1. rojan

rojan Active Member

1,486 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I hate to say this but Mcnabb looked really good tonight. He played 1 quarter and was 6 for 9 for 138 yards and lead 2 scoring drives. I a FG and the other a TD.
  2. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,073 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hes one of the best in the league. just always gets hurt.
  3. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,092 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Not suprising, he is a good QB
  4. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm watching the Patriots blitz the hell out of Vince Young.

I guess for Belichick, it's not preseason.
  5. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,423 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received
    Did he puke?

:confused: If not, good! I want him fat and healthy for the game coming up...

He's gonna need it...!
  6. Blue&Silver

Blue&Silver Member

489 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Oh my. I didn't expect to see them dominate like that. Carolina couldn't block for Jake, and their defense couldn't get to McNabb without blitzing a corner. I expected the offensive line to look good, I didn't expect that defensive line to look like that.
  7. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nice to see Jeff Fisher retaliating and throwing a bit of the book at Brady.

That Mumbles is a jerk.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Carolina's front 4 is very average now, they have Julius Peppers and that's about it, their LBs? :laugh2: don't even ask, Will Witherspoon and...

Camble is mistake prone

their Oline was never very good, I don't see much hope for this team, they could struggle again
  9. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    McNabb looked really sharp.

No bad QB situation in Philly. Kolb looked pretty decent too, but he'll be riding the pine this season.

Philly is going to be a very good team again this season.
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,423 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received

Good...:D

That is how the Cowboys want them to be....

Watch and see...
  11. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm stuck watching Pennington throwing pick-6s.

Peterson does look very impressive the few times the Vikings had the ball though.
  12. lspain1

lspain1 Active Member

4,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Some of us have been saying this the entire off season. This is NOT a revelation. The folks on this forum with "their window is closing/has closed" comments are simply not paying attention. The Eagles do have some weaknesses but they remain a good team. They have a stable organization, an excellent head coach, and a consistent approach. As long as McNabb can stay healthy this season, they may be better than good.

The folks who are looking for a decline in the Eagles' fortunes better pull up a chair. It might take a while. The road to the NFC East title runs through Philadelphia this season.
  13. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    so what? I've never thought teams should go easy on people in preseason...practice the way you intend to play...if your a blitzing team playing a multiple front set (as NE will prob be) then thats what you practice

Young was terrible...5/17 and a lost fumble

David
  14. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we'll see when the games count...Philly certainly didnt look like a good team a week ago did they?

David
  15. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,986 Messages
    457 Likes Received
    He did get four possessions in that one quarter.

And you've got to love the Eagles' running stats this preseason -- 49 carries, 90 yards, 1.8 yards per carry. Westbrook has nine carries for 20 yards.
  16. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Doesn't surprise me. I hate the Egirls and McPuke, but i also respect his game and IMHO he's as good a there is when he's on his game(OR THE CHIPS AREN'T DOWN;) ) He'll be all pro or close to it if he's healthy, then he'll aspirate his team's season in the end:lmao2:
  17. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    same 'ol Eagles

David
  18. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,885 Messages
    1,639 Likes Received
    I can't wait to see our new-look blitz scheme against McNabb and company. This year should be fun.
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yep, and I think Curtis and Schoebel were two very good, low-cost additions.

I think our best hope is that their D slowly deteriortates from what it was. Bunkley and Patterson I'm not sold on at all. And Trotter and Dawkins are just another year older.

But they're definitely going to be good. And McNabb is a player, enemy or not.

(Doesn't mean we can't overtake them, though. ;))
  20. McCordsville Cowboy

McCordsville Cowboy Pro-Quinn

4,315 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wipe with McNabb Jersey's..