1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McShay - Barkley to Dallas?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Dec 20, 2012.

1. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,334 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Nope! Not worth it. Wait another year or two for a QB...don't want to put all your marbles in the wrong guy
  2. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,210 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    What has given anyone the impression that USC quarterbacks are a good investment? Palmer is the last one to have been any good (pre-catastrophic knee injury) and that was a decade ago.
  3. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,727 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    I think ESPN analysts get bonueses for every time they mention the Cowboys in connection with a player or coach.
  4. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,160 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    Reports indicate that Tennessee QB Tyler Bray will enter the draft as well. His top two receivers, Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson, have both declared as of today.

This QB clas is getting deeper with guys like Mike Glennon and Ryan Nassib shooting up draft boards and without any clear cut top picks at the position other than Geno Smith, I could see many of these guys falling into the 2nd and 3rd round. I think the Cowboys will end up taking a developmental player in the 3rd or 4th unfortunately (I'd rather wait until next year to use a high pick on a 1st round talen at QB). I just hope to God we don't draft Landry Jones or Matt Barkley..
  5. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,311 Messages
    1,380 Likes Received
    Dallas doesn't run any WCO principles more than the bare minimum stuff and even then we really don't. Can't recall the last time we ran a sprint option right in the red zone, a staple of the WCO that all teams use.

I actually like Barkley, although I'm not sure he fits in our offense. But the main key is that the Cowboys have a lot of fish to fry. O-Line, safety, backup tailback, NT, DE, etc. Future QB is one of them, but I'm not sure that going after somebody in the 2nd round is a good idea now unless we stockpile some picks.

YR
  6. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Yeah I think the wild card is there, we will take a guy if he drops with a high grade, and that goes for most positions on the field. Need based drafts usually end up being sucky drafts.

Not that I like Barkley per say, but I have no problem developing the most important position on the field for the future just in case.
  7. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,924 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I will be sick if we take Barkley in the first.