1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McShay/Kiper 1st round mocks V.2 2/7/13....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Feb 7, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,662 Messages
    1,486 Likes Received
    I think Warmack is the safest pick in the draft. Even if he is there at 18 they probably still go defense IMO, though I dont think safety. I could maybe see a scenario where they turn Ogletree into a safety, but I just think with the scheme change it will be a D Lineman. People that are banking on the Ratliffs, Spears, and Colemans of the world to man the 4-3 are being WAY optimistic IMO.
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Wanna bet?
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    That's exactly why we should. :)
  4. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    How much you wanna lose?
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    I pray a team is dumb enough to draft him in the top 17 picks.

Vacarro is average at best.
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    make it a sig bet...
  7. Dallas Dominance05

Dallas Dominance05 New Member

15 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think we might be acquiring players for Monte Kiffin's 3-4 D. In that case, I think we'll look at drafting Sheldon Richardson(DT Mizzou) or Shariff Floyd(DT/DE FLA) in the first. I would rather concentrate on the real issue which is inside OL and select Warmack or J. Cooper at 18.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    Jerry has to know if we go S over OL or DL in the 1st round the fan base will be even more upset than ever. Not that he cares mind you I'm just saying.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,282 Messages
    1,231 Likes Received
    They both have Sly Williams in the first. So much for my quasi-sleeper 2nd round pick.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Howard Richardson was an OT IIRC.
  11. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,135 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    How this team could extend Romo and not draft premium OL would be beyond me. How much more can we all take seeing Romo get the snap and immediately having to pull a friggin Houdini time after time after time. Our OL is pure suckage, no other way around it. No OL drafted and we will all be back here once again next year calling for Romo's hide. I really think the guy should say to Jerry draft OL or kiss my butt goodbye. How much more can this poor guy put this whole crap team on his shoulders. Our OL still sucks going all the way back to the Bledsoe days in 06.

Yes we need Def as well unfortunately but OL should be our priority imo. Hey OL is boring no doubt about it, I much rather draft flash same as Jerry but it has come to the point that we have to go OL. Look at what SF has done with their OL.
  12. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,846 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    you read McShay's and Kiper's mocks, and this is what you come away with? so which 3rd round safety are we taking again?
  13. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,361 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I want Ed Lacy =(
  14. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    There isn't a single position group on this team that can't use youth or a contract cut for youth. Give me the highest rated prospect available on the Cowboys board and I'm fine with it, regardless of position.

If the staff does indeed think we need DL help, especially a pass rusher, they will have to draft him early which could override everything if Spencer isn't back (although we have shown the ability to acquire DL later in the draft). Our offseason depends on Spencer, like it or not. Really its too early to mock anything til we are through the combine and free agency but I guess at least its fun to look at.

All these need based motivations for the draft are recipes for failure.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,911 Messages
    1,374 Likes Received
    I like Kipers pick a whole hell of a lot more.
  16. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And that's a shame that the average fan is so clueless. Dallas could win the Super Bowl with the current OL (if healthy) or DL. Dallas can't win the Super Bowl with the current crop of safeties. Sensabaugh is OK but has never been a playmaker, Johnson is a total unknown and Church is coming off the most disabling injury for a DB and is still somewhat of an unknown...and those are probably the three best options on the roster.
  17. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,263 Messages
    537 Likes Received

You say if the OL was healthy the Cowboys could win the Super Bowl, but yet you say the safeties suck when Johnson was injured all year and Church played 2 1/2 games all year. So two of our top 3 safeties missed most of the year, why do they not get a pass.

The OL is complete garbage. Redzone scoring is trash, YPC is trash. Offense wins championships to today's NFL. Our defense can compete with the safeties as is if healthy. The OL can't even if healthy.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,671 Messages
    9,900 Likes Received
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    That is a stunning statement.
    You really need to rethink that one SS.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,189 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I don't really have a problem with this line of thought at all Rack and have not for several drafts. I have thought that we should invest in the line heavily for the last 4 drafts now. The problem is that what I think and what the team thinks are way different. I agree, we should. I just don't see it. Jerry has never shown any inclination to invest significantly, through the draft, in OLs. I just don't think he will take a Guard in the 1st round even though that he should really consider it if Guard is the best available player at our spot.