1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McShay/Kiper 1st round mocks V.2 2/7/13....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Feb 7, 2013.

1. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Yea, I think he is a 25-35 guy.

I'd be fine with him after a trade down but would question him heavily at 18.

For value I have selected him in mocks at 47 but new info moved him up past that point:(

In the thread about him where xwalker linked us the LSU game you can see why he is steadily moving up. He handled speed rushers quite well and found ways to get involved in plays even away from him.

There was never any push in his area and in short yardage he flat moved guys.

My main concern would be keeping him from getting any bigger and really working on his agility and conditioning. But much easier to do that than to add 200 pounds of leg strength to David Arkin.
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I liked the Carter pick more than the Tyron pick. For the last half of his rookie season, Tyron was proving me wrong. This year the same faults came up with Tyron that made me not want to draft him with the 9th pick.
  3. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Don't say "we". I hated the Smith pick, liked the Carter one and was so-so on Murray due to durability issues but thought he had value at that spot.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    Luckily we won't have to worry about that.
  5. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,641 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. If he is there, I hope we take him.
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    I don't know why anyone would hope for such a thing.

I hope he isn't there, that way it gives the possibility of pushing another good player to 18.
  7. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    I still remember a couple years ago Kyper got every single first round pick wrong. All 32 teams. 100% inaccuracy takes talent.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    In these playoffs, you could argue the Olines that played the best were in the Super Bowl game.
    The Ravens made that adjustment and then it all came together--almost everyone is marveling at how well that Oline played. And we all already know how good SF's oline was.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,675 Messages
    9,902 Likes Received
    That's news to me.

Did you dream it?
  10. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...we are NOT taking a safety at 18 nor should we. My top 3 for need and want at 18 are:

1) Richardson: no brainer
    2) Warmack: awesome if he's there
    3)FLuker: move him to guard and he should be a younger version of Leonard Davis IMO and crush people (but in a crunch he could also be your swing Right Tackle
  11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    You "could" make that argument but it would be complete drivel.

Flacco and CK played tremendous to get to the SB. The Ravens and 49ers gave up high sack totals and high QB hit totals.

The Ravens were 10th out of 12 teams in rushing yards per attempt in the post-season. SF did finish 1st but would have been middle of the pack minus CK's scrambles.

Minny, SEA, ATL can all claim to have better OLs than BMore especially.
  12. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    If Smith is rated highly enough to go #8, then he will probably go #1.
  13. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,983 Messages
    2,003 Likes Received
    I dont see how you see him being a RG.
  14. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,698 Messages
    5,857 Likes Received
    I don't get that either. He is an LG in college...

Larry Allen spent most of his time at LG.

If Parnell is the RT, they're not going to want to put a rookie next to him.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,845 Messages
    1,688 Likes Received
    love all the excuses to ignore the O line
  16. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,983 Messages
    2,003 Likes Received
    Yeah i dont get that either, every yr from Training Camp til the season ends people complain about the OL. But when the offseason comes they make every excuse to disreguard it.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    And for someone to say that SF and Baltimore's lines were not very good in the playoffs is really a reach. I sure would not call 1.25 and 1.5 sacks per game a lot of sacks given the competition they were facing. I mean, the eye test should have been enough...but it's not really worth arguing the point.

The main point is that we've been outmanned for a while now at the LOS and we are going nowhere without addressing it.