1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McShay Mock 12/21/11....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,901 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    NFC East only here. Click the link for the rest.

7) Washington - Robert Griffin III QB Baylor

Finding a quarterback is a must for the Redskins, and this will be an interesting call if Griffin and USC's Matt Barkley are still on the board. Barkley would make sense, but it might be hard for Washington coach Mike Shanahan to pass on a dynamic athlete like Griffin.

11) Philadelphia - Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College

The Andy Reid regime in Philadelphia has not used a first-round pick on a linebacker in 13 years, but this might be the time. Kuechly is perhaps the most productive linebacker in the nation, using elite instincts and anticipation to mask a lack of ideal athletic ability.

17) N.Y. Giants - Vontaze Burflict ILB Arizona St.

Current starting MLB Chase Blackburn is a free agent after this season, and while I'm not sure Burfict has the discipline and character the Giants would be looking for in the quarterback of their defense, he is double-stuffed with raw ability. He has impressive size, is a thumper against the run and shows good range in underneath coverage.

20) Dallas - Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi St.

Dallas doesn't have a specific pressing need, but it could upgrade at safety, cornerback and outside linebacker, and free agency could create holes at guard and inside linebacker. However, Cox has come on this season and is an underrated player with the versatility to play end in the Cowboys' 3-4 scheme.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...le-todd-mcshay-initial-first-round-projection
  2. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OMG I hope we can do better that I like F Cox but seems way to high for him
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No doubt but odds are he could be right on with the rest of the NFCE
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we DL in the 1st, I'd love to nab Devon Still who should be available in that range.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I'm glad to know we have no pressing needs . I can think of several picks that I rather have in the first .
  6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    I cant see the Cowboys/Giants or Redskins going that route lol.

I think those are all bad picks.

Giants don't want players like Vontaze. He will likely end up a Lions LB.
    Redskins would take Barkley over RGIII. He is a guy that fits the mold of a franchise player.
    Cowboys could go OLB/CB there. I doubt they go DT first.
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,243 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    I don't think they will go DE/NT in the early rounds, if at all. They've got Lissemore playing and producing fairly well so he'll be in the mix next year. They also seem pretty high on Clifton Geathers for the future (otherwise they wouldn't have kept a player that would not get much playing time this year).
  8. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope that Washington doesn't draft Robert Griffin, as I think he's gonna be very good for a long time!
  9. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Washington - Robert Griffin III QB Baylorin the areans league in 5 years
  10. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,717 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    Yeah, I don't know what McShay's been watching.
  11. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,777 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    "Dallas doesn't have a specific pressing need..."

After reading that, I knew this article was questionable at best.

I don't think the Redskins will be able to draft RG III unless they move up a lot. And it will be costly. Especially with Barkely staying at USC.

I don't even think the two ILBs Keuchly and Burflict will go in the first round.
  12. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,514 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    How does this guy keep his job.........just get ur inside info, quit evaluating and making ur on mock