1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McShay's top 32

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Dec 14, 2011.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    he has
    Morris Claiborne at #3
    Melvin Ingram at #12
    Andre Branch at #15
    David DeCastro at #16
    Courtney Upshaw at #17
    Alfonzo Dennard at #24
    Jarvis Jones at #25
  2. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received

Jarvis Jones is a sophomore. He isn't entering the draft.
  3. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He's a redshirt Sophomore and is draft eligible, but has stated that he will return to Georgia.
  4. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,915 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Gimme Alfonzo Dennard (realistically) out of that list.
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    i want decastro so bad...not sure if its worth it or not..if hes even available
  6. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I do too but I highly doubt he falls to us.
  7. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I zeroed in on Dennard a week ago. Not because I'm enamored with him but based on need and where we should be picking. Seems to be nicked up a lot.

Based on Holland's play and the young OG's we have I go DE, OLB, CB in one based on what we do with Spencer. I go OG and OT as depth 5-7. Same with C. Draft a C/G combo who is mostly a G and add a swing tackle.

Our D hasn't stopped anyone on a regular basis since Bill Clinton was in office (fact).
  8. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Active Member

217 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Why does everyone want to draft a DE we have enough of them gezzz we need NT
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Most fans realize that the team is happy with Ratt and they have not given any hint that they want another NT . Most fans want a big NT , but there is no need in discussing something that's not going to happen .
  10. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    We have enough of them? I agree we need a true NT but where are our DEs.
    Spears isn't a starter, Coleman is way up there in age and isn't a great starter. Hatcher is playing well but not great. Lissemore has come on good but who knows how he will perform as a starter and he has been playing NT more than DE. I say give me a DE in the 3rd or 4th. I really like Derek Wolfe and sign Calais Campbell this offseason.
  11. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I fully expect Dennard to drop out of the 1st round when all is said and done.

Just for perspective, here's some of McShay's Top 32 from 2010:

8. Jimmy Clausen (actually taken 2nd round, 48th overall)
    "Hailing from a Pro-style offense from a current offensive coordinator, Clausen is very pro-ready. His quick release, tight spiral, and his great touch should make him productive early on in his career."

20. Bruce Campbell (4th round, 106th)
    "A guy who’s slowly getting forgotten in fan draft circles, Campbell is definitely worthy of a first round spot. Great size, good intensity, Campbell can be a stud at left tackle with a little more coaching."

21. Taylor Mays (2nd, 49th)
    "He’s starting to see his stock fall by the week, Mays just simply doesn’t make enough plays and doesn’t have the speed to make up for it. He’s a smart guy, very mature, extremely athletic, but he hasn’t put in on the field quite yet."

22. Brandon LaFell (3rd, 78th)
    "I preferably like LaFell a lot because he’s a very tough runner after the catch, breaks tackles using both speed and power moves, and is a consistent pass catcher."

25. Eric Norwood (4th, 124th)
    "The best blitzing linebacker in this class, Norwood reminds me a lot of a better version of Clint Sintim of the Giants (taken in last years draft). Norwood could be a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 weakside guy and can make an impact from day one as a dynamic blitzer."

31. Jonathan Dwyer (6th, 188th)
    "Though he has fallen on many boards in favor of the more complete Ryan Mathews or even Joe McKnight, Dwyer is my top power back in this class, and I think a team with a speedy starter (like Houston or Jacksonville) would be crazy to pass on this brute back."

12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,649 Messages
    1,480 Likes Received
    Today Bunting updated his mock. Had DeCastro #10 to Carolina.
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,880 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Except in 2003.

1st in total yards allowed
    3rd in yards per play
    1st in completion % allowed
    3rd in passer rating
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,822 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    But in points it was another story. And we faced few really good offenses that year. But I do agree that the D that year was still probably our best since the early 90's. Always have thought that 2003 was the last year BP really had the energy and the fire to coach; you look at the skills position players he had that year and its amazing we won 10 games.
  15. joseephuss

21,880 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    They allowed 260 points(16.25 ppg) which ranked them second to the Patriots that year. That is the 18th best season for points allowed in team history.
  16. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I'm actually good friends with both of these two guys. I went to school and played with Eric for 3 years. I think he will finally break out next year. Unfortunately Dwyer may eat his way out of the NFL pretty soon, he has put on about 25 lbs since entering the league. He did have a big game this year where he cracked 100 yards for the first time. Although your right, McShay was way off on both.

Kiper and several others both had them in the first two rounds as well though. So it wasn't just him.
  17. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That defense sucked and beat nobody.

Giants 4-12 twice
    Skins 5-11 twice
    Jets 6-10
    AZ 4-12
    Lions 5-11
    Buffalo 6-10
    Panthers 11-5
    Eagles 12-4

Only beate two winning teams and the rest of the wins came from guys picking top 10 for most part.

Cowboys had the benefit of playing a last place schedule.
  18. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you know I don't thing he worth it
  19. joseephuss

21,880 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    But they still stopped those teams on a consistent basis. That was your criteria.
  20. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So you actually think my only criteria for a good D is beating up on losing teams?