1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Megatron breaks record in 15 games

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Dec 22, 2012.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,323 Messages
    1,759 Likes Received
    1892 total. Might break 2K next week against the Bears.
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,118 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    He's definitely getting 2k... Which is UNREAL. Of course as pointed out already Detroit isn't playing for much so they can afford to sling the ball around so it kind of makes you look twice at it.
  3. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    To me this is impressive but the Lions are 4-11. They have been behind a ton, and Stafford is going to break the passing attempts in a season record. It's a passing league now, and it was just a matter of time for the record to fall.

If AP breaks the rushing record this season, i'd be far more impressed.
  4. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm just glad Megatron is the guy doing it and not guys like T.O., Moss, or Ocho.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  6. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Color me not impressed. And the guy only has 5 touchdowns. Haven't been watching lions games but it looks like opponents have found a way to limit him in the redzone.
  7. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,007 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    His critics always used to say he did nothing but catch touch downs. There is just no pleasing everyone.
  8. Lonestar94

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Well when Jerry Rice set the record, Steve Young didn't break the record of attempts in a season. Jerry also had 15 TD's and the 49ers went 11-5.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,017 Messages
    9,099 Likes Received
    Obviously this pass happy era plays a part of it, but the guy is clearly the best WR in the game today. Maybe the most gifted WR to ever play in the league.
  10. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,007 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Jerry Rice also had a good defense on his team.
  11. mwj473

mwj473 Member

628 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can tell you they now employ a defense in the redzoe on him unlike any other I've ever seen against another wide receiver. They put 2 guys in his face on the line of scrimmage like he is the gunner on the punt team. Not his fault the rest of his team can't score when they outnumber them 10-9 outisde of him and the 2 defenders.

People keep harping on this TD thing, but they have literally invented a new defense to stop him, which is essentially putting 2 people in his face.

I think it is amazing he has done this with so many other weapons missing from the team and no running game.
  12. Risen Star

22,017 Messages
    9,099 Likes Received
    Lonestar must not be impressed with Jason Witten either. 2 TDs this year. Only twice in his 10 year career has he had more than 6.
  13. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    The guy is an amazing talent. Congrats to him.
  14. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,243 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Calvin has been stopped at the 1 yard line a couple of times this year. The "he only has 5 tds" argument makes me lololol. :laugh1:

"I know Johnson's touchdowns have dropped this season; close observers would note he has been tackled at the 1-yard line a half-dozen times this season. Regardless, to me, the most incredible part of Johnson's tear this season is that it elevated him above a season that already stood as one of the best ever."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/51123/calvin-johnson-1892-yards-and-counting
  15. Lonestar94

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Lol Jason Witten is a TE and is big and slow.
  16. Risen Star

22,017 Messages
    9,099 Likes Received
    So Witten doesn't impress you then, right? Because he's big and slow.

Unlike Tony G. Who has no problem scoring.
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,730 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    I don't care how you slice it nearly 1900 yards by a WR is impressive.
  18. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,008 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    People can find anything to complain about....what does Jerry Rice's team matter in regard to an individual achievement? Stafford throws to him so much because they have no running game and their #2,#3,#4 receivers are all out for the season. And regardless of defenses knowing the ball is likely going to him on nearly every play, they still couldn't stop him.