1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

mel kiper had us taking ledarius webb cb in 4th round, here is info on him

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 10, 2009.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Lardarius Webb
    S, Nicholls State

Height: 5-9 Weight: 179
    40-yard dash: 4.35 10-yard dash: 1.50
    20-yard shuttle: 4.10 60-yard shuttle:
    Broad jump: 10-1 225-lb. bench: 15
    3-cone drill: 6.77 Vertical jump: 36
    Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.54

War Room analysis
    Strengths: Is an amazing athlete who always seems to be around the ball. Shows short-area explosiveness, sticking his foot in ground and driving to break on balls. Shows soft hands and great ball skills. Tracks balls well in air and catches them at the highest point. Shows good press coverage skills, using long arms to reroute receivers. Shows quick footwork to cut off receivers' releases, and rolls his hips well to stay right with them off the line. Is versatile, lining up in the slot quite a bit. Shows great speed and acceleration to make up lots of ground if beat. Is not afraid of contact, exploding into ballcarriers and receivers. Is always looking to strip the ball against the run. Is a phenomenal returner; shows outstanding second gear and threatens to score anytime he gets the ball.

Weaknesses: Must improve upper-body strength. Gets greedy in zone coverage, peeking into backfield and trying to jump routes instead of executing assignments. Bites on play-action. Misses tackles by looking to make big hits.

Bottom line: Webb is a bona fide difference-maker, both as a defensive back and a return man. On defense, he is at his best in bump-and-run coverage, where he reroutes receivers off the line. Webb shows top-flight ball skills, and once he intercepts the ball always is looking to score -- and succeeds quite often. Webb's performance at the NFL Scouting Combine and his pro day has proven his elite athleticism and has him climbing draft boards all over the league. Webb can change games in a flash.
  2. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Categories: NFL Draft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mel Kiper goes four rounds deep
    3:33 PM Fri, Apr 10, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Gotta give ESPN's Mel Kiper props for the deepest mock draft that I've ever seen.

You've gotta have the Insider subscription to see the whole thing, but here's who Kiper has the Cowboys picking in the first four rounds:

51. Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan

69. Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly

101. LaDarius Webb, DB, Nicholls State

117. Herman Johnson, OG, LSU

I'll fess up to having never heard of Webb until a few minutes ago. But those other three picks would be great value for the Cowboys.

A lot of folks paid to know this sort of stuff consider Delmas the best safety on the board. Barden (6-6, 229) often gets compared to Keyshawn Johnson, and not just because they have strikingly similar facial features. That's the lowest that I've seen Herman Johnson projected to go.

Other notes of interest from Kiper's marathon mock:

*He has three QBs in the first round, including Highland Park's Matthew Stafford going first overall to the Lions. Grand Prairie's Rhett Bomar is the next QB Kiper has getting drafted -- all the way in the fourth round. And that's it for the QBs in the four-round mock. However, he does have West Virginia's Pat White going to the Patriots late in the second round -- as a wide receiver.

*Kiper has Missouri S William Moore going 37th overall to the Seahawks and doesn't project another safety to get selected until Delmas to Dallas. He sees Troy's Sherrod Martin, Oregon's Patrick Chung, Alabama's Rashad Johnson and Texas Tech's Darcel McBath all gone by the middle of the third round.

*He has Oklahoma OG Duke Robinson sliding to Minnesota with the 86th overall pick.
  3. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Herman Johnson in the 4th would be unbelievable.
  4. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i think herman johnson could fall to the 3rd round, but i dont see him getting by the end of the 3rd round
  5. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,730 Messages
    623 Likes Received

I concur. Would love it nonetheless.
  6. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,730 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    I'm hurt! You obviously have not been paying attention to my drafts, I must have had him on every single one. I have also been moving him up slowly, but 4th is the highest I've seen. Webb is a playmaker though_corner, safety or returner.
  7. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Bat, wasnt me that said that, i just copied it and pasted it from dallas morning news,
  8. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hate that draft. I just don't believe the Cowboys will take a FS with major holes in his game when Hamlin is making big jack. Why make that kind of investment? It would be stupid, imo. The guy lacks size and takes poor angles to the ball.

Barden is a long strider and big possession guy. I wouldn't draft a long strider from a small school in round 3. Dallas probably will not, either. They hate drafting WRs as it is.
  9. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,730 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Oops, should have checked before I yapped.
  10. Ceasaleo88

Ceasaleo88 New Member

236 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Give me the lil guy from Utah in the 6th instead of Webb in the 4th. That's where we should be gettin some LB depth.