1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mel Kiper's Mock 2.0 (Has Glenn going before Decastro)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Goku, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Goku

Goku Benched

388 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    has us picking Barron...

2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,276 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Barron would be a bust pick for us.
    We don't need a SS that can't cover deep or man to man with TEs.

I would rather take DeCastro, Glenn, Jenkins or Kirkpatrick who he has going after 14 or trade back.

He has Upshaw at 10, Kuechly at 11, and Ingram at 12
  3. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,681 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    I've heard some compare Barron to Polamalu, but I don't see it. I gotta believe that if Kirkpatrick is there, they'll take him.
  4. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    As I stated in another thread , we have posters on this board that can rate players better than these media draft guys . (That doesn't include Joe C. )lmao
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,851 Messages
    2,580 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys picked Barron, with those other guys still on the board then I'd boycott Risen Star's Sunday morning political discussions at Dunkin Donuts.
  6. cruz_aedo861

cruz_aedo861 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow I’m baffled by some of the picks intrigued by others. I can’t believe he has DeCastro falling that far and while I see Barron going in the 15-20 range I don’t want him. I can also see Vinny Curry going in the late 1st round.
  7. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He has to keep changing his drafts so people will read him. While I think he can evaluate players, I think he is exploited by the nature of ESPN and they are probably asking him to come up with as many different scenarios as possible. Which is why he'll have 7-8 mock drafts between now and April.
  8. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,215 Messages
    671 Likes Received
    This draft, even more so than some of his other shams, looks like he viewed the whole first round and then plugged in picks by need and in terms of his current value chart. In other words, after about the first five BPA goes out the window. It doesn't look like he went pick by pick in order.

Anyway, I don't think this is anywhere even close to how things will shake out.
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I think you are right . He has to do something to keep up the draft buzz and justify his paycheck . Moving these players up and down the draft board keeps people talking for sure .
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,435 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received

dead on. There is absolutely no reason for Glenn to go up or DeCastro to go down. None of the teams are seriously into their board yet; will not even begin until after the combine. So his info is questionable at best.
  11. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,276 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    this I agree with
  12. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    outside of the cowboys taken Barron instead of Kirkpatrik I think it may be a very possible draft each team drafting for their highest BPA need
  13. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    find it interesting that there's at least one draft pundit who looks at Barron the same way I did about a month ago. I, too, had him going to the Cowboys because it makes sense.

Having said that, I'm standing by my current mock so far. I haven't consider changing even the last rounds, which are the more volatile ones. That's not going to last, obviously, because of free agency, but that film of DeCastro against Notre Dame in 2010 has me salivating at the thought of him wearing a Cowboys uniform..

He actually reminds me of a bigger, stronger, and better version of Mark Stepnoski, who was a technique beast at center.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,564 Likes Received
    Yeah Polamalu was recently exposed as being horrendous in coverage.
  15. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Barron is always late to the ball.

/pass
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,244 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    Agree about the technician part but Step was a midget compared to DeCastro.
  17. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,290 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    no way a guy with a double hernia is going in the top 15 picks.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,034 Messages
    7,516 Likes Received
    Mike, I wish I understood that because I think you just won that one.

I'm not surprised Melly Mel has Glenn going ahead of DeCastro. He's got that T/G flexibility teams covet. It may be enough to make this true.

I know I'd prefer Glenn here for that very reason.
  19. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......kiper is a clown IMO: like your mock Robert: solid through the 4th: won't lie: not familiar with last 3 guys.......
  20. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......man oh MAN are people under estimating this procedure. I had a single one done 2 months ago and I'm going back to the surgeon on Monday as I'm having problems: granted, I'm south of 40 but still.........this SHOULD scare teams off in the first round. That said, if he falls to GB or the gspots and is an all pro for 12 years well............:bang2: