Mel on Philly radio this morning

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

41,957 Messages
    28,586 Likes Received
    Should have drafted Ramsey. You'll see.

Risen Star, bpfred and Floaty like this.
  2. Pants

Pants Well-Known Member

353 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    I wanted Ramsey in the draft...very happy how things fell....Ramsey was dead to me the second they didn't get him

3. Floaty

Floaty The Labeled One

5,114 Messages
    2,783 Likes Received
    Maybe he was tired....:rolleyes:

4. Floaty

Floaty The Labeled One

5,114 Messages
    2,783 Likes Received

Ajayi should have been @least a 2nd rounder...but hey people blasted me for when he slide to the 5th. Told you knuckleheads this kid could play. Now just think....if we had taken Ajayi in the 4th round...there wouldn't have been no need to reach for the groper in the 1st in last years draft.:rolleyes:

5. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

3,436 Messages
    3,567 Likes Received
    Randle and the rest of the backs "failed" in 2015 because there was no semblance of a passing attack. Despite that fact, the offensive line took a washed-up running back coming off a string of seasons averaging between 3.3-3.4 YPC and allowed him to finish the season with a 4.3 YPC.

6. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,787 Messages
    732 Likes Received
    Better right hook too :facepalm:

7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

33,688 Messages
    10,695 Likes Received
    I think they're coming back in vogue because teams are playing quarterbacks earlier than they used to. And most rookie, first-, second-year quarterbacks just aren't ready. So you need a workhorse to shoulder the load and - if a stud running back - someone to make defensive reads easier for a young quarterback. Eight-men fronts take one more defensive guy out of pass defense, making it easier for the quarterback.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Jags take Fournette or Cook. And I'd be shocked if Carolina passes on either. Cam may be bigger and stronger than your average quarterback, but he can't continue to take the hits that he does as a running target. Fournette or Cook in the backfield with him and those tall receivers? Carolina's offense would return to being scary good.

8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

33,688 Messages
    10,695 Likes Received
    Woodhead will not stop the Raven's from picking McCaffrey (if they want him) any more than Terrance Flagler stopped the Cowboys from drafting Emmitt Smith. ;)

9. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

12,147 Messages
    12,531 Likes Received
    In other Philly news.................. the same host that had Kiper on last week said this week he thinks the Eagles will take Barnett if he's there, not Cook or a CB.

10. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

3,436 Messages
    3,567 Likes Received
    If they were smart they'd draft Fournette if he's there. A quality RB would help out Wentz. Actually, now that I think of it, Fournette wouldn't be the guy because in Pedersen's scheme the RB is heavily involved as a pass catcher. Fournette ain't that guy.

Calling it early; McCafferey to the Eagles.

tyke1doe likes this.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

39,004 Messages
    46,879 Likes Received

I may go and throw my panties at Mel on stage.

12. bpfred

bpfred Member

113 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I like Dalvin Cook, but apparently not as much as most draft prognosticators. From what I've seen, I would have him rated fifth best as running back, behind Fournette, Mixon, McCaffrey, and Kamara.

Mixon may not be draftable for off the field issues, and I wouldn't have a problem leaving him off the board.

I think McCaffrey has much better feet, and better hands than Cook, and is marginally faster (at least it looked that way at the combine, on the same field/same day), although Cook is ~10 pounds heavier.

I think Kamara offers a lot of the same attributes as Cook, but is a little more explosive.

And I think Fournette is the best of all of them.

13. stilltheguru88

stilltheguru88 Well-Known Member

3,640 Messages
    2,785 Likes Received
    Fournette is a lock to Jacksonville imo

14. Risen Star

39,004 Messages
    46,879 Likes Received
    Disagree. I think Cook's the most explosive back in this draft. There appears to be a McCaffrey movement right now and he may be the 2nd back taken in the draft but I'd much rather have Cook.

15. stilltheguru88

stilltheguru88 Well-Known Member

3,640 Messages
    2,785 Likes Received
    I wanted Ramsey and switched to Zeke so many times just like this year, but at the end I wanted Zeke. This year I'm torn on Baker, Adoree and King.

16. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

12,147 Messages
    12,531 Likes Received
    I caught a draft guy from NBC on the radio this weekend and said Cook's slipping because of his poor combine results. That his results would put him in the bottom 10% of RBs tested and no RB that tested like he did has been drafted in the first round since they've been tracking these results.

17. Risen Star

39,004 Messages
    46,879 Likes Received
    Mel today - I think Reddick has a shot to be a top 10 pick. At worst top 15.

18. Alexander

41,957 Messages
    28,586 Likes Received
    Crazy how Reddick has blown up since the Senior Bowl. Between he and Tyus Bowser, there are two utility LBers that will probably flourish in a 3-4.

19. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

6,967 Messages
    6,560 Likes Received
    I could see Bowser taken by the Patriots if they hadn't traded their first for Brandon Cooks.

20. Alexander

41,957 Messages
    28,586 Likes Received
    They could still end up getting one back if the Saints do the trade for Butler.