Mel vs. McShay - 3 round mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

39,461 Messages
    48,633 Likes Received
    Are you guys overdosed on mock drafts yet?

-

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/i...hay-three-round-head-head-2017-nfl-mock-draft

The ground rules are simple: alternate picks; no trades; no deals that say "I won't take Player X if you don't take Player Y." It's just "This is whom I'd take" at every slot on the board for three full rounds.

Got it? Here are the picks:

Note: An asterisk denotes a compensatory selection.

1. Cleveland Browns
    Mel Kiper's pick: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

No-brainer. Garrett is the best prospect in this class, a superb pass-rusher and rare talent.

2. San Francisco 49ers
    Todd McShay's pick: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

Maybe a slight reach, but Lattimore is the best pure cover corner in this class and would fill a major need for San Francisco.

3. Chicago Bears
    Kiper's pick: Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Chicago has its pick of Adams, Jonathan Allen or Solomon Thomas, and I have to go with the bigger need. That secondary was bad last season.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars
    McShay's pick: Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama

Stick with the tape on this guy. He's a dominant interior pass-rusher who has outstanding intangibles.

5. Tennessee Titans (from Rams)
    Kiper's pick: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama

I thought about receiver here, but Foster is too good to pass up, even with his off-field issues. Tennessee could win the AFC South in 2017 if its defense improves.

6. New York Jets
    McShay's pick: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

The Jets had just 18 catches from their TE corps last season. Eighteen! Howard is the most complete tight end prospect we've seen in quite some time.

7. Los Angeles Chargers
    Kiper's pick: Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford

I'm running to the podium if I'm the Chargers and Thomas is still available. He and Joey Bosa would form a stellar pass-rushing duo.

8. Carolina Panthers
    McShay's pick: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

Fournette is the best running back in a loaded class and the perfect fit for Carolina's power-rushing offense. The Panthers need to not rely on QB Cam Newton so much in the run game.

9. Cincinnati Bengals
    Kiper's pick: Haason Reddick, LB, Temple

Reddick, a former walk-on, could play any linebacker spot in a 4-3, but he's my top outside linebacker overall. With no offensive tackle rated this high, it was an easy pick.

10. Buffalo Bills
    McShay's pick: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

Yes, another Clemson receiver for Buffalo. Williams has the best ball skills of any receiver in this class.

11. New Orleans Saints
    Kiper's pick: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford

I don't think McCaffrey is making it here on draft night, but he'd be a tremendous asset for Drew Brees.

12. Cleveland Browns (from Eagles)
    McShay's pick: Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina

Trubisky's mobility and arm strength give him a lot of upside. I'd draft him here in a heartbeat, but would not even consider playing him from day one. He needs to sit and learn after starting just 13 college games.

13. Arizona Cardinals
    Kiper's pick: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Vikings)
    McShay's pick: Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State

The Eagles need to leave this draft with multiple cornerbacks after losing two starters in free agency. Conley has great ball skills and tested really well at the combine (4.44 seconds in the 40).

15. Indianapolis Colts
    Kiper's pick: Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan

Todd said this was a reach, but I like Peppers. He'll help the Colts immediately.

16. Baltimore Ravens
    McShay's pick: Cam Robinson, OL, Alabama

Peppers to Indy was a massive reach, Mel. But on to this pick: I like Robinson's fit better in Baltimore than Forrest Lamp's. Robinson has the ability to play guard or right tackle.

17. Washington Redskins
    Kiper's pick: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State

He could drop a little bit; he had surgery in January to repair sports hernias and a torn labrum in his hip. But he'd be a great center-fielder-type safety for the Redskins.

18. Tennessee Titans
    McShay's pick: David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.)

This is all about getting more playmakers for Marcus Mariota. Love the idea of Tennessee utilizing more two-TE sets with Delanie Walker and Njoku, who's a freak athlete.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Kiper's pick: Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss

The speedy pass-catcher is rising up draft boards. I have him rated above Njoku.

20. Denver Broncos
    McShay's pick: Garett Bolles, OT, Utah

Highest-rated offensive tackle on my board. Huge need. Easy pick.

21. Detroit Lions
    Kiper's pick: Charles Harris, DE, Missouri

The best 4-3 end on the board here is Harris, who had 16 sacks the past two seasons. I also thought about Dalvin Cook; the Lions are going to take a running back in the first two days.

22. Miami Dolphins
    McShay's pick: Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky

Lamp plays with great toughness and is a phenomenal athlete for his size.

23. New York Giants
    Kiper's pick: Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida

Love the fit here. Davis is my No. 1 inside linebacker, a day one contributor with athleticism and A-plus intangibles.

24. Oakland Raiders
    McShay's pick: Kevin King, CB, Washington

The Raiders have bigger needs, but King's combination of length (6-foot-3) and speed (4.43 40) were too hard for me to pass up.

25. Houston Texans
    Kiper's pick: Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA

One of the best defenses in the league gets better -- and gets J.J. Watt back. Watch out, quarterbacks. Now, if only Houston could get a QB of its own. I think it's a reach to take Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes here.

26. Seattle Seahawks
    McShay's pick: Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State

I have confidence that Pete Carroll and Seattle's defensive coaching staff could get the most out of McDowell, who's immensely talented but showed very inconsistent effort.

27. Kansas City Chiefs
    Kiper's pick: Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt

Todd's not as high on Cunningham, but I think he has the athleticism and instincts to take over for Derrick Johnson in the middle of the Chiefs' defense.

28. Dallas Cowboys
    McShay's pick: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

Let's follow up that head-scratcher from Mel with the steal of this draft so far. Barnett is an elite pass-rusher and a perfect fit for Dallas' 4-3 scheme.

29. Green Bay Packers
    Kiper's pick: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

Humphrey has moved up on my board -- he's now my No. 2 corner. Injuries in the secondary really hurt Green Bay's 2016 season.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers
    McShay's pick: John Ross, WR, Washington

This is a best-player-on-the-board type of pick. Imagine Ross' 4.22 speed lined up opposite Antonio Brown in Pittsburgh.

31. Atlanta Falcons
    Kiper's pick: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State

This pick was either Walker or Taco Charlton, two big 4-3 ends who can hold up against the run. Atlanta needs that kind of guy on the other side of Vic Beasley Jr.

32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots)
    McShay's pick: Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC

Jackson's natural ball skills in coverage and his ability as a returner would instantly make the Saints better.

2. Risen Star

39,461 Messages
    48,633 Likes Received
    Round 2

33. Cleveland Browns

Kiper's pick: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State

After snagging a franchise pass-rusher and a high-ceiling quarterback in the first round, I'm giving Trubisky some help here and going with Cook. He's a dynamic runner who will help in the passing game.

34. San Francisco 49ers
    McShay's pick: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

Watson will need to adjust to a pro-style scheme, but if given the time to do so, he has the mental makeup and physical tools to develop into a good starter.

35. Jacksonville Jaguars
    Kiper's pick: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

If I'm the GM of the Jags, I wouldn't feel great about Jermey Parnell at right tackle. Enter Ramczyk, who's a great run-blocker. If one of the top running backs drops here, look out.

36. Chicago Bears
    McShay's pick: Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech

Mahomes faces a major transition to the NFL, but he wouldn't be forced to start as a rookie for the Bears and he has the elite arm strength to cut through the wind in Chicago.

37. Los Angeles Rams
    Kiper's pick: Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina

The Rams have a bunch of needs and no first-round pick. I'm sticking to my board. Jones has No. 1 wideout potential.

38. Los Angeles Chargers
    McShay's pick: Marcus Maye, S, Florida

Maye is underrated. He's extremely reliable against the run and had good ball production, with 17 pass breakups and five picks.

39. New York Jets
    Kiper's pick: Budda Baker, S, Washington

I love this Jets draft so far. After getting the best tight end in the draft, they get one of my favorite prospects. Baker is undersized (5-10, 195) but fearless.

40. Carolina Panthers
    McShay's pick: Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State

Wide receiver is a sneaky need for Carolina. Samuel makes plays from the slot and as a runner on jet sweeps/reverses.

41. Cincinnati Bengals
    Kiper's pick: Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan

I have Wormley rated higher than Malik McDowell, whom Todd gave to the Seahawks in Round 1.

42. New Orleans Saints
    McShay's pick: T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin

Watt has the size and athleticism to be a good pass-rusher. The only questions are his durability and limited experience playing the position.

43. Philadelphia Eagles
    Kiper's pick: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan

The Eagles would love for a 4-3 end to drop here. Charlton's 4.92 40-yard dash at the combine raised red flags, but this is good value.

44. Buffalo Bills
    McShay's pick: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida

The Bills need to leave this draft with an impact corner (or two), and Wilson fits the bill. He has terrific ball skills (14 career pass breakups, 6 picks).

45. Arizona Cardinals
    Kiper's pick: Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU

After passing on a cornerback in Round 1, Arizona gets its guy in Round 2. The Cardinals rotated several guys opposite Patrick Peterson last season.

46. Indianapolis Colts
    McShay's pick: Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston

Bowser is rising up boards because he's athletic enough to rush the passer off the edge on one play and drop into coverage on the next.

47. Baltimore Ravens
    Kiper's pick: Juju Smith-Schuster, WR, USC

This is an upside pick. Smith-Schuster didn't have a great 2016 season, but the traits to be a No. 1 receiver are there. I love his competitiveness.

48. Minnesota Vikings
    McShay's pick: Dion Dawkins, OL, Temple

Dawkins had 43 college starts at left tackle. In the NFL, he could be a better fit at guard, where the Vikings have an immediate need.

49. Washington Redskins
    Kiper's pick: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

Now, I said Mixon wouldn't be on my board if I was GM. But let's be realistic: A team is going to take him around here, despite his off-field issues.

50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    McShay's pick: Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee

Kamara is a back built for the modern game. He can create yards on his own and is a great pass-catcher.

51. Denver Broncos
    Kiper's pick: Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland

Denver fills its top two needs in Rounds 1 and 2 after taking Garett Bolles. Shaheen, a 6-6, 278-pound former basketball player, is intriguing.

52. Cleveland Browns (from Titans)
    McShay's pick: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan

Lewis' off-field troubles remain unresolved, but purely as a football player, he's one of the most naturally instinctive cover corners we've studied in years.

53. Detroit Lions
    Kiper's pick: Desmond King, CB, Iowa

Is King a corner? Maybe a safety? Doesn't matter. Put him out there and let him make plays.

54. Miami Dolphins
    McShay's pick: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

I love the way Awuzie plays. He plays with the physicality of a linebacker and would give Miami an instant upgrade at slot corner.

55. New York Giants
    Kiper's pick: Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy

Garcia started 42 games at left tackle for the Trojans. He could stick on the left side in the NFL, and he might even beat out former first-round pick Ereck Flowers.

56. Oakland Raiders
    McShay's pick: Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida

The Raiders are thin up the middle after cutting Dan Williams this week. Brantley is a disruptive run defender when his motor is running hot.

57. Houston Texans
    Kiper's pick: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pitt

Finally, another quarterback of the board. And it's to the QB-needy Texans, who passed on one in Round 1. Peterman might be the most pro-ready signal-caller in this class.

58. Seattle Seahawks
    McShay's pick: Taylor Moton, OT, Western Michigan

Fills a huge need for Seattle. Moton has tremendous experience (52 starts) and the ability to play multiple positions.

59. Kansas City Chiefs
    Kiper's pick: Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State

Godwin is a little underrated. Nobody mentions him in the top tier. I suspect the Chiefs would be thrilled to get a pass-catcher with his potential here.

60. Dallas Cowboys
    McShay's pick: Josh Jones, S, NC State

I love Jones' athleticism (4.41 40 at 220 pounds) and versatility. Dallas didn't re-sign safeties Barry Church and J.J. Wilcox in free agency.

61. Green Bay Packers
    Kiper's pick: Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas State

Continuing the defensive draft for the Packers, who took Marlon Humphrey in Round 1. Willis had 26 career sacks for the Wildcats.

62. Pittsburgh Steelers
    McShay's pick: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

No, I'm not crazy. Big Ben took time to "evaluate his options" this offseason before deciding to return. He won't play forever, and Kizer is just the type of high-upside developmental project Pittsburgh needs to think about drafting.

63. Atlanta Falcons
    Kiper's pick: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

Jones might have to redshirt after tearing an Achilles at his pro day, but the Falcons could stash him and get a future No. 1 corner.

64. Carolina Panthers (from Patriots)
    McShay's pick: Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut

Melifonwu has an elite size/speed combination: 6-4, 224 pounds, 4.40 40, 44-inch vertical. The Panthers could use more of that playing against WRs like Mike Evans and Julio Jones in the NFC South.

Rockdoc likes this.
  3. Risen Star

39,461 Messages
    48,633 Likes Received
    Round 3

65. Cleveland Browns

Kiper's pick: Marcus Williams, S, Utah

The Browns get a super athletic center fielder to patrol the middle of the field.

66. San Francisco 49ers
    McShay's pick: Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama

The 49ers need more players like Anderson on defense. He plays with an edge and will bring excellent leadership and intangibles to an NFL locker room.

67. Chicago Bears
    Kiper's pick: Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado

Witherspoon doesn't have the ball skills of the top corners in this class, but he has great size (6-3, 198) and speed (4.45 40).

68. Jacksonville Jaguars
    McShay's pick: Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana

Let's keep the rebuild going along the offensive line after taking Ramczyk in the second round. The Jaguars need to give Blake Bortles a chance to stay upright.

69. Los Angeles Rams
    Kiper's pick: Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA

Moreau tore a pectoral muscle at his pro day, but he should be OK for the season. The Rams have needs across the roster, and so I'm sticking to my board.

70. New York Jets
    McShay's pick: Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee

I'm higher on Dobbs than most. He showed the ability to throw receivers open, and he has a clear passion for the game. The Jets need to continue to invest draft assets in QB until they get one right.

71. Los Angeles Chargers
    Kiper's pick: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington

Kupp is ready to play right away -- don't let his competition level fool you. He's not a speedster (4.62 40), but he has fantastic hands.

72. New England Patriots (from Panthers)
    McShay's pick: Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown State

The Patriots need an outside linebacker with pass-rushing upside, and that's Rivers, who had 38 sacks in his past three seasons.

73. Cincinnati Bengals
    Kiper's pick: ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama

The Bengals' offense didn't look the same after losing Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones in free agency last year. Stewart could compete with Tyler Boyd.

74. Baltimore Ravens (from Eagles)
    McShay's pick: Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama

Tomlinson would give the Ravens an elite run defender to play alongside Brandon Williams.

75. Buffalo Bills
    Kiper's pick: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan

The Bills are getting a steal here. Butt tore his ACL in the Orange Bowl, and that's why he's dropping. He has first-round talent.

76. New Orleans Saints
    McShay's pick: Duke Riley, ILB, LSU

Riley has the athleticism to play on all three downs. I'm starting to like this draft for the Saints: McCaffrey, Jackson, Watt and now Riley, who's one of my Day 2 steals.

77. Arizona Cardinals
    Kiper's pick: Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State

After letting Kevin Minter walk and bringing back Karlos Dansby, Arizona is OK at inside linebacker in the short term. But McMillan shores up the future.

78. Baltimore Ravens
    McShay's pick: Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama

Williams comes with off-field issues, and he doesn't show great instincts against the run. But man, can he get off the ball in a hurry as a pass-rusher.

79. Minnesota Vikings
    Kiper's pick: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson

If Watkins had been more consistent on every down, he might be a first-round pick. He has some quickness from the interior, and he'll get after quarterbacks.

80. Indianapolis Colts
    McShay's pick: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

I loved Tabor's tape, but his stock took a nosedive after he ran a 4.62 40 at the combine. He's worth the risk at this point for the CB-needy Colts.

81. Washington Redskins
    Kiper's pick: Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn

Lawson was thought of as a future first-round pick after his stellar 2013 season, but he missed all of 2014 with an ACL tear and most of 2015 with a hip injury. He returned with 9.0 sacks last season.

82. Denver Broncos
    McShay's pick: Alex Anzalone, ILB, Florida

Anzalone struggled to stay healthy at Florida, but I'm intrigued by his range against the run and in coverage.

83. Tennessee Titans
    Kiper's pick: Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan

Tennessee got a pass-catching tight end with its first pick, and so I'm getting Mariota a project receiver near the end of Day 2.

84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    McShay's pick: Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte

After adding good offensive weapons in the first two rounds, Ogunjobi makes sense here. He's a disruptive run defender who helped his stock with his performance at the Senior Bowl.

85. Detroit Lions
    Kiper's pick: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo

How long can Detroit wait for a running back? In this case, the Lions could have Hunt or Samaje Perine. I have Hunt rated a little higher.

86. Minnesota Vikings (from Dolphins)
    McShay's pick: Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Perine averaged 6.0 yards per carry at Oklahoma, thanks to his punishing style. He has the ability to be a three-down back in the pros.

87. New York Giants
    Kiper's pick: George Kittle, FB/TE, Iowa

A fullback in the third round? Well, not exactly. Kittle's the best hybrid H-back in this class. He can play tight end and line up in the backfield, if needed.

88. Oakland Raiders
    McShay's pick: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Foreman had a breakout first season as a starter, rushing for 2,028 yards. He drops to the third because of durability and pass-catching concerns.

89. Houston Texans
    Kiper's pick: Aviante Collins, OT, TCU

So far Houston has added a pass-rusher and quarterback, and Collins, the fastest O-lineman at the combine (4.81 40), could be Duane Brown's successor.

90. Seattle Seahawks
    McShay's pick: Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M

Evans has enough size and physicality to play near the box, and the athleticism to handle middle-of-the-field responsibilities.

91. Kansas City Chiefs
    Kiper's pick: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.)

The Chiefs are going to take a quarterback at some point. Could it be Day 1? Kaaya, my seventh-ranked QB, could sit behind Alex Smith and develop.

92. Dallas Cowboys
    McShay's pick: Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama

Everett has the speed, athleticism and ball skills to become a mismatch in the passing game, but he still needs to develop as a blocker.

93. Green Bay Packers
    Kiper's pick: Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech

Henderson isn't big -- 5-11, 199 -- but he showed stellar explosion at the combine (4.46 40, 36-inch vertical) and could help in the return game.

94. Pittsburgh Steelers
    McShay's pick: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State

Kazee is a little undersized (5-10¼, 184 pounds), but he has great ball production (15 INTs) and man, he competes.

95. Atlanta Falcons
    Kiper's pick: Jermaine Eluemunor, OG, Texas A&M

The London-born Eluemunor played both guard and tackle for the Aggies. Atlanta needs a replacement for Chris Chester, who retired.

96. New England Patriots
    McShay's pick: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee

Sutton is indicative of the cornerback depth in this class. There will still be good players on the board deep into Round 3. The Tennessee product showed off his excellent cover skills at the Senior Bowl.

97. Miami Dolphins*
    Kiper's pick: Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU

Beckwith, a three-year-starter for the Tigers, is coming off an ACL injury, or else he might be higher. This is a good value pick.

98. Carolina Panthers*
    McShay's pick: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M

Hall has the physical tools to work with (35½-inch arms and good first-step quickness); he just needs to learn how to set up blockers better.

99. Philadelphia Eagles (from Ravens)*
    Kiper's pick: James Conner, RB, Pitt

In a deep running back class, Conner might be the wild card. He played too heavy last season, but looked good at the combine at 233 pounds.

100. Tennessee Titans (from Rams)*
    McShay's pick: Dorian Johnson, OG, Pitt

Johnson finished his Pitt career starting 40 consecutive games. He'll be a plug-and-play starter in the NFL.

101. Denver Broncos*
    Kiper's pick: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn

I could see a team rolling the dice on Adams and taking him in the second round. The talent is there; the consistency is not.

102. Seattle Seahawks*
    McShay's pick: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia

A perfect fit for Seattle's press-coverage scheme, Douglas has terrific length (32½-inch arms).

103. New Orleans Saints (from Browns via Patriots)*
    Kiper's pick: Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar

A transfer from Georgia who has also played corner, Langley would be a solid bet for a team that desperately needs corners.

104. Kansas City Chiefs*
    McShay's pick: Blair Brown, ILB, Ohio

Brown has great playmaking instincts versus the run, and along with Zach Cunningham -- Mel's reach for the Chiefs in Round 1 -- he'd give Kansas City are rebuilt inside linebacker corps.

105. Pittsburgh Steelers*
    Kiper's pick: Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic

I really liked Hendrickson's effort and energy on tape. A former two-star recruit, he impressed at the East-West Shrine Game and had 23 sacks over the past two seasons.

106. Seattle Seahawks*
    McShay's pick: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson

Jimmy Graham is entering the final year of his contract. Leggett has the speed to stretch the field vertically.

107. New York Jets*
    Kiper's pick: Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa

This Jets' class so far -- O.J. Howard, Budda Baker and Joshua Dobbs -- is great. Johnson gives them an interior pass-rusher. He had 7.5 sacks last season.

4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

9,855 Messages
    7,620 Likes Received
    In this scenario I go Willis in the 2nd.

5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

15,253 Messages
    5,915 Likes Received
    And Henderickson in the third for the DE trifecta. ;)

I can't argue with the first two picks for Dallas, but I actually would much rather have Henderickson than another tight end.

AmericanCowboy likes this.
  6. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

34,206 Messages
    11,478 Likes Received
    Great draft except for the third round. We need a corner more than a tight end. And Everett is a developmental player.

7. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

4,883 Messages
    2,362 Likes Received
    take Cordrea tankersley in round 3 and its a home run

and no Tarell Basham in top 3 rounds?///

jazzcat22, Floaty, ghst187 and 2 others like this.
  8. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,625 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    JBell523 and Kolemmitt like this.
  9. Angus12

Angus12 Well-Known Member

286 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    Absolutely LOVE the first two picks. But would pass on Everett. Give me Cordrea Tankersley in the 3rd in this scenario.

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

761 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    No way Redskins can have hooker, I forbid it!

ghst187 and stilltheguru88 like this.
  11. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

15,253 Messages
    5,915 Likes Received
    My favorite picks for DE in this draft outside of Garrett are Barnett, Bowser and Watt. I can be sold on Willis, but I believe those three will have the best NFL careers if health doesn't get in the way.

stasheroo likes this.
  12. RingOfHonor88

RingOfHonor88 Well-Known Member

5,576 Messages
    6,684 Likes Received
    Barnett seems to be going lower and lower on these mocks with Harris going higher and higher. Maybe I need to amend my pickem board.

13. stilltheguru88

stilltheguru88 Well-Known Member

3,686 Messages
    2,883 Likes Received
    If they have those first 3 picks :facepalm:

Tristan likes this.
  14. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

32,447 Messages
    17,866 Likes Received
    Thanks for sharing these.
    :bow:

dstew60105 and Risen Star like this.
  15. dstew60105

dstew60105 Well-Known Member

2,170 Messages
    366 Likes Received
    Best case for us would be Barnett falling to 28.

ghst187 and stasheroo like this.
  16. ConceptCoop

ConceptCoop Well-Known Member

1,723 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    I like it, but would take Obi or Williams (in that order) over Jones in the 2nd. And while I love Everett in the 3rd, I don't think he's what the team is looking for at TE.

17. Risen Star

39,461 Messages
    48,633 Likes Received
    Probably not but I get TE envy when Jordan Reed's healthy and working defenses down the seam. Everett can do that. Maybe as well as anyone in this class.

BoysfanfromNY and JBell523 like this.
  18. JBell523

JBell523 That's still my Quarterback

4,533 Messages
    3,366 Likes Received
    I know this section hates the idea of Obi at 28 (and for good reason), but I could live with him at 60. Would take Marcus Williams over Obi and Jones though because of his ball skills. We haven't had a safety that creates turnovers since Roy Biscuit.

Kolemmitt likes this.
  19. Floaty

Floaty The Labeled One

5,360 Messages
    3,028 Likes Received
    I honestly think Kiper has quit following the draft....Everyone of his picks are horrible...and way off. Is he trying to get fired so he can get out of his :espn: contract?

20. aaev84

aaev84 Member

34 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    If Hooker dropped past 15 Dallas should really trade up for him. The guy has ridiculous range and could really be massive in improving our secondary overall... Much less pressure on the CBs. The guy is getting Eric Berry and Ed Reed comparisons for his coverage skills. I would absolutely love if they traded up for him.