1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Melton Signing - Indicates A New Direction In Dallas?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    jg is campo with romo. thats the only thing that separates the 2
  2. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,979 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    I think your right about Barry Switzer. Switzer was too much of a YES man which set the tone to what is Jerry is today. He wants those "YES" man types that will agree with him despite being wrong. As for David Campo, well he was handed a team that was already in failure mode and his hands was tied. We had NO talent whatsoever and he inherited the Cowboys worst QB ever, Quincy Carter.

As for Garrett he inherited a pretty talented albeit aging team. He was given a very good QB, TE and DE passrusher. Yet the excuse that we give him is that his TRAINING. I'm sorry for not buying. Its the same old cliche. Just like blaming everything on Jerry. Someday his going to have to be accountable for the team's losses like any head coach in the NFL.
  3. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,364 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    This organization has been trucking along on badly managed ground for far too long to assume they've totally turned over a new leaf at this early juncture in their perceived "rebirth." It'll take several years of same to convince me they've made that transition for good. I may not be from Missouri but they'll have to "show me" more than what little we've been treated to so far before I'm totally convinced it's for real..
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,923 Messages
    9,007 Likes Received
    It's a crying shame to see all this talent go wasted.
  5. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,677 Messages
    4,947 Likes Received
    Well, Terence Newman was pretty much not around the last few years, so Garrett did miss out.
  6. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    romos talent?
  7. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,234 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    Jerry was just busy preparing for the final four at AT&T Stadium.
  8. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,524 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Who cares about who gets the credit? He's a Cowboy and is one for the right price through a good contract. All the other stuff behind the scenes can be someone else's headache.
    manster4ever likes this.
  9. manster4ever

manster4ever Active Member

458 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    PERFECT post....I don't CARE who or how.....just DO it better. Our personnel and draft process has been a mess since Jimmy left and that's a fact. We finally had a solid draft last season. This off season has been promising. If we can have another solid draft in May, then we might have cause for hope: REAL cause for hope. First time in a long time!