1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Members of Parties

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Crown Royal, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,351 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Just out of curiousity - how many members of CZ.com are actual members of parties. Not that you tend to vote one way or another - that you are an actual member of the organized party?
  2. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    In Virginia you aren't allowed to register by party.

But I have participated in my county's Republican Convention, which requires that you make some kind of loyalty pledge to vote for Republicans (which no one makes any real big deal about). I've voted third-party occasionally.
  3. Crown Royal

10,351 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Just one person on this entire forum?
  4. adamknite

adamknite Well-Known Member

3,863 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    I'm not a member of any parties. Of the big two I tend to lean towards republicans with my support more then Dems. The things I don't agree with Republicans usually seem to be the lesser of two evils when compared to the democratic views I don't agree with.
  5. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yah - same for me here.

I have supoorted/voted the Republican Party since I was about 19 or so. I voted for Perot that one year.

Im a heathen :p:
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,467 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    registered democrat - i prefer the label "liberal" however
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,273 Likes Received
    In West Virginia you have the following options when registering.

Republican
    Democrat
    Mountain
    Other Party (fill in the party)
    No Party

I had to go back and look it up to make sure I got it right.

I have always chosen the last option No Party even though I tend to vote Republican.
  8. Crown Royal

10,351 Messages
    694 Likes Received

Wait wait wait - they ask you that when you register to vote?
  9. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I have other "labels" for you.

I'll PM them to you. :D
  10. BrAinPaiNt

60,905 Messages
    4,273 Likes Received
    It is on the form when you register to get a voter registration card.

http://www.wvsos.com/forms/elections/wvvoterregistration.pdf

When you get your voter registration card there is nothing (no dem, repub, no party) on it...well at least not on mine concerning what party.

So I hope that is not too confusing to you.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

60,905 Messages
    4,273 Likes Received
    If they are sexy names...PM me too. :eek: :p: ;)
  12. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,856 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :cool: I'm a fiscal conservative, red-blooded patriot who has voted Republican from 1960, when I voted for Nixon until the end of the Reagan administration but at that time, the religious extremeists had taken over the party and I was very uncomfortable with that so I voted Democrat even though I didn't agree with all their principles. I have voted Democrat for that same reason ever since because I don't want religions to influence the laws; like Jesus said, render unto Caesar that which is his and render unto God that which is his.

The middle East and the Dark Ages give you a pretty good idea of what happens when religions take over and I want no part of it.

I might consider going back to the Republicans if they refute the religious extremists. The current party is a curious mix of Big rich businesses like the oil companies and the military-industrial complex and the Christian fundamentalists - I thought Jesus valued poor people and said people should help them and also taught peace and forgiveness. What part of Iraq is all about peace and forgiveness?

These days I am a fiscal conservative independent who doesn't trust either major party to do anything but cheat the American public and line their own pockets at the public expense. :confused: :( :mad: :rolleyes: ;)

Please talk on, I may change my mind about a few things, I have before.
  13. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,483 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Independent. No one gets my unconditional allegiance.
  14. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,542 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    I used to be a Republican

Became a Libertarian for a bit

Now I'm a Republican again. I went to my first GOP county meeting in my life last month (to talk about Ron Paul)
  15. BrAinPaiNt

60,905 Messages
    4,273 Likes Received
    Odd in some ways.

Normally it is the reverse where the young people vote Dem and later move to conservative.

However I do agree with much of what you have said about the religious right and big business.
  16. Crown Royal

10,351 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Just an aside - some of the west's greatest advances came on during the Dark Ages, such as architecture.

And without the middle east, we never would have advanced to where we are now, because we would have lost the works of Aristotle and the greek geometrists without them. While we were in our middle ages, the Middle East was progressing quickly.

Not that both are without their merits - but I grow weary when people think that the middle ages was a period of bloodshed, religious opression, without a shred of light or academic advancement.
  17. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,483 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    I know. Sigh. ;)
  18. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,467 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    So that's what those General Education requirements in college are for....
  19. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What does the Mountain Party believe? I always thought that a Mountain Party was something that involved Busch and Coors?
  20. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The religious right used to be the only thing keeping me from becoming a member of the Republican Party. Now that the neocons are running the party, you can add wars and fiscal irresponsibility to the reasons.

I'll never be a Democrat, because of their economic views, foreign policies, and pandering to criminals.