1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Memphis Pro Day focuses on Dontari Poe, Ronald Leary Pair get scouts' attention as 10

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Arch Stanton, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Memphis Pro Day focuses on Dontari Poe, Ronald Leary
    Pair get scouts' attention as 10 work out

By Phil Stukenborg

Thursday's Pro Day at the University of Memphis was an opportunity for Tiger defensive tackle Dontari Poe to bask in the aftermath of a stellar showing at last month's NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

It was a chance for offensive lineman Ronald Leary to get his props, too.

Leary, not as heralded as projected first-round pick Poe, also participated in last month's combine, and he followed a solid performance at Indy with a brief but impressive outing at the Murphy Athletic Complex before about 20 NFL scouts and a small crowd of ex-teammates, agents, family, friends and media.

<snip>

Leary, who has been training in Miami, will work out next week in Memphis for the Dallas Cowboys and then travel to Dallas, Carolina and St. Louis. He said multiple scouts told him Thursday he looked better than he did at the combine.

Read more:http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/mar/23/memphis-pro-day-focuses-on-pair/
  2. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I'm on my phone and it's asking me to sign in. What did they say about Poe?
  3. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Nothing much about Poe he only did some on field drills, It was mostly about Leary the Guard who we seem to be really interested in. Working him out next week in Memphis and then he is scheduled to come to dallas for a visit.
  4. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    thanks