1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mercy Rules in Football. What do you think of it?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,978 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    No doubt there some dad/coaches who have no business coaching little kids. I do think there are many life lessons to be learned in organized sports that can benefit men and women later on in life. Back to the mercy rule I just think it teaches kids that it is alright to quit. When things look bad don't worry just quit. I would much rather lose than be a quitter
  2. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,716 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I Think the eagles will be thankful for them this sunday
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received

a totally different point from the one made by the poster who said that it teachs you about the consequences of not working hard enough.

the implication that losing teaches you about the consequences of not working hard enough is crap
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    what does that have to do with mercy rules not teaching people the consequences of not working hard enough?
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,199 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    As I said earlier, my post was not just about working hard. That is certainly part of it but that's not nearly all of it. This question has already been answered in this thread. I see no reason to rehash it.
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    His post discussed learning the consequences of not working hard. I was not responding to your post.
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,509 Messages
    546 Likes Received

I think the point is that the stupid phrase "Learn to work harder" is just that....a stupid phrase as it pertains to winning and losing. It doesn't matter sometimes how hard you work (Not to say that you shouldn't, because you should always no matter what) the other guys are simply better.
  8. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,790 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Cowboys are going to wish they had this rule sunday