1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Michael Brockers LSU

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 12, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    WesBunting Wesley Bunting
    Talked to an #NFL scout this week....said the #NFLDRAFT needs a potential blue chip defensive line and #LSU DT Michael Brockers is that guy
    12 minutes ago
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,238 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    mmmm cheeeeesssseeee :lmao2:

[IMG]
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    He'd make a pretty decent 34 DE for us from what i saw in the championship game.
  4. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    LSU D-Coordinator John Chavis was with Tennessee from 1989-2008. Earlier this year during a telecast they were mentioning names of really good DL that have played under Chavis. They mentioned that he had both John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth play for him at Tennessee, and that if given the choice he wouldn't be able to pick either of those 2 over Brockers. I know that most coaches will say stuff like that about their players, but I found it very intriguing. If I remember correctly, that actual comparison being made was LSU's Brocker/Bennie Logan vs. Tenn's Henderson/Haynesworth.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    LSU DT Michael Brockers (19th overall): He’s another draft-eligible sophomore who could opt to stay in school and improve his stock. He’s a disruptive defensive tackle for the Tigers (9.5 tackles for losses this season). His 6-foot-6, 306-pound frame is ideal for a 3-4 defensive end.
  6. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,265 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    I don't know a lot about him but it sounds interesting to look into as an option.

I'm still DeCastro/Kirkpatrick as of now.
  7. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,273 Likes Received
    This is very good size . Does anybody know what kind of pass rush he produces ?
  8. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,925 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    In the likelihood that we move Rat to DE we have more than enough depth there. Rat-Spears-Hatcher-Lissemore is great, now give me a 320 lb guy who is great against the run.
  9. jblaze2004

8,238 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    well if brockers can rush the passer than you can never have enough passrushers ask the giants. Push the pocket then you make qb's uncomfortable especially when they cannot step up away from a demarcus ware speed rush around the offensive tackle.
  10. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,925 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    I agree with this. But a 5 tech guy with the the 14th overall pick when we already have proficient players at that position doesnt seem like that great of an idea to me. Might as well just draft the best pass rushing OLB(even tho I dont agree with that either)
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    DL is a bigger need than any other position on defense, imo. If we can get any talented DE or NT, we need to take them. Doesn't necessarily have to be at 14 either. Trading back for more picks isn't a bad idea with all the needs we have.

Coleman, Spears, even Hatcher.. none of these guys are very good players. Hatch is the best of the bunch and Lissemore is up and coming it seems, but we could benefit from having a very good DE or a very good NT or both. We need alot more pressure from our DL next year.
  12. jblaze2004

8,238 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    yeah true
  13. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,925 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    My hope is Spears/Lissemore-FA signing of Red Bryant or Aubrayo Franklin/Brent- Rat/Hatcher. If thats the case D-line will be the least of our worries and we wouldnt have to worry about it in the first 3 rounds unless an absolute steal falls to us.
  14. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Umm.. that would be only one new player on a DL that got zero push last year. Not good enough, imo. We got owned in the trenches.
  15. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,925 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Since when has a 3-4 d-line been about pass rush? We were top 10 in just about every rushing defense category last year, the d-line did their job. Any sacks you get from a 3-4 d-line is just a bonus. You either have to point the finger at your Lb'ers or your D coordinator. We can do a little bit of both. Ill give Rob the benefit of the doubt with a short off season for preparing and getting his type of guys on D. James and Spencer werent exactly great last year so some blame definitely goes to linebackers. Rob's 2nd season will for sure be interesting.
  16. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Alot of 34 D's get a good push up front. When the LOS always gets pushed back 2 or 3 yards to your side of the ball every play, your LB's don't have a great chance on the pass rush. Your DL has to collapse the pocket at least somewhat so that the QB can't just step up every play to avoid the outside rush. We have to get bigger and stronger up the middle. That's where it all starts. DL and even our ILB's could stand to be bigger. Dont'a Hightower is a guy who would fit well. He's got ideal size for a 34 inside backer.
  17. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,175 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    Dline and CB are = in area of need...both are a disaster
  18. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,175 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    personally i think dline is more important..but i think we are deeper on dline than at cb..thus, making the areas of need equal, imo.
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Definitely need at least one quality CB in FA or the draft.. no doubt about it.

Some mid to late round prospects would be a good idea too, along with giving Butler every chance to make the team next year.
  20. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,925 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Rat has been a force as an undersized NT taking on 2 blockers. You dont think moving him to DE + adding a true NT would help collapse the pocket and free up our linebackers?