1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Michael Crabtree tears achilles during OTA

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 22, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,035 Messages
    3,971 Likes Received
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m As @MikeGarafolo reported, #49ers WR Michael Crabtree suffered a torn Achilles yesterday, source says. Brutal. Could return this year

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 10m Tough one for the 49ers. Wide receiver Michael Crabtree has a torn Achilles suffered yesterday: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/niners/2013/05/22/49ers-receiver-michael-crabtree-torn-achilles/2350547/ …

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m The 49ers fear WR Michael Crabtree tore his Achilles on Tuesday. Crabtree is undergoing additional tests to confirm the injury.
  2. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

587 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Who steps up now Patton or last years first round pick? My money is on Patton
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Amazing the things they can do medically, if he could return this year like Suggs did last year.

Gives me hope that Church will be good to go, with having almost a whole year under his belt before the season starts.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,388 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    The Boldin pickup looks especially good right now.
    Nice draft pick in Patton too.
  5. samilpa4life

samilpa4life New Member

24 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Devastating news emerged for the San Francisco 49ers on Wednesday as wide receiver Michael Crabtree reportedly tore his Achilles tendon during Tuesday's OTAs and will undergo surgery to repair the damage, according to .
    According to insider Adam Caplan, some of Crabtree’s teammates believe the surgery will be season-ending:
  6. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,180 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    That Boldin trade looks pretty smart right about now.
  7. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,248 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    The worst part of a tearing your Achilles is how easily you can tear it again post surgery, a lot of time off your feet for a good while so staying in shape isn't possible.
  8. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

983 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    I cringe every time I hear an athlete tears their Achillies :(

I wish him a healthy and speedy recovery
  9. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    to say they're snake bit at WR would be an understatement. Manningham blew out his ACL last year if I'm not mistaken. They are REAL lucky the cap strapped ravens traded Bolden to them....still don't know why they did that for a measly 6th but whatever:rolleyes:
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    And its tougher for a back or wr to come back; they rely on quick cuts and the like more than linemen. So Suggs is probably not a good comparison.
  11. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,227 Messages
    777 Likes Received
    They were going to cut him for cap space if they hadn't
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,817 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    Bad deal.

It's not just about when he comes back either it's whether he comes back and is still able to play at least at the level he did prior to the injury.

This is one of those injuries that can just ruin an athlete.
  13. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Randy Moss on speed dial?
  14. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

638 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Does anybody think the Cowboys could trade Miles Austin to San Francisco now? Especially if Terrance Williams carries his strong OTA performance into training camp? I'm a big Miles Austin fan, but to me the drafting of Williams put the writing on the wall.

If the Niners are desperate for a wideout the Cowboys might get a third; maybe a second round pick for Austin. (This, of course, putting all the debate about the Dallas-San Fran draft day trade aside.)
  15. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

1,945 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Lol. Help the 49ers, make the Cowboys worse. Do it Jerry!
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,481 Messages
    794 Likes Received
    I don't like that idea. Miles may become expendable as Williams develops, but it won't be this season. Most rookie wide receivers don't provide that much of an impact. You would be losing a weapon for this season in Austin to gain an extra draft pick for the future. I would rather keep that weapon this year and move on from Austin down the line.
  17. irishline

irishline Member

179 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Um how exactly is this...

"Sick. Keep in mind, Skippy, that the Cowboys will likely lose 1-3 starters before the start of the season, too. That's just the odds. What if Dez, Carr, and Tyron Smith were all lost in training camp?"

... advising anyone on anything? It was simply bring up a point that injures happen to all teams from what I can see.
  18. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

541 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    49ers Crabtree on the shelf for this season with achillies tear. Do you dangle Austin or one of our back up WRs out there for a trade for some linemen help? I don't have a rundown of what they have in the way of linemen but with their depth, could be worth a call? We should at least inquire since we helped them out in the draft.
  19. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,837 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    Looks like the sword fighters superbowl chances just ended unless they go find another legit receiver.