1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Michael Irvin on the Dez sideline stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 28, 2013.

1. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,048 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    I think it's both, personally. It was fire that ended up getting out of hand. Regardless though, Romo seems to have Dez's back on the matter so it may be time to just move on.
  2. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,573 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    He wasn't shouting at people when he was on the pitch, settle down people, we are getting hysterical.
  3. Grevus

Grevus Member

440 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    When I first saw it, I thought, here we go. Just what we need. A TO situation.

Then I thought about it, and I was somewhat happy he did it. I know as a fan, I want to go nuts on these guys. I’m tired of the same junk. Every time we play a decent team, we can’t finish. Dez seems like he wants to carry the team on his back. I know I was frustrated. How do you think he feels?

I’d like to see Romo go nuts for once and try to spark some life into this team. Instead, Dez was acting like a baby and needs to grow up. Maybe he didn’t do it the right way, but I applaud him on showing some passion.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,720 Messages
    1,565 Likes Received
    Great post.
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,048 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    He has gone off on teammates. Not to the point Dez did, but Romo has been seen going off on teammates tons of times. He just doesn't go nuclear, which no QB ever should.
  6. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

663 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Wish Jerry was on the sideline so that Dez could of yelled at him too. LOL. 8 and 8 and mediocracy won't cut it anymore. These players need a fire lit under them. Dez has passion and fire and some of these players are just free loading.
  7. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,651 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    no ****, I'm so sick of this story already.

I guess everyone would be happy with a bunch of emotionless, stoic robots that never show any passion or express any frustration.

I say its about damn time the whole team come out a weekly basis pissed off as hell and playing with a massive chip on their shoulders.

I'm so sick of all the political correctness from Jerry on down and how there always seems to be some damn cover-up for some **** that's gone down behind the scenes or in front of it.

Dez, said it well, he was pissed off at losing, who wouldn't be and there's nothing wrong with everyone admitting that publicly, I'd find it refreshing
  8. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

778 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    I did not like seeing Dez go off like that, but I admit, I felt like doing the same.
  9. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Dez "Peter Pan" Bryant ... He will never grow up.
  10. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,651 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Ha! why would he? He had over 300 yards and his team won the game, I'd be shocked if he's never been emotional on the sideline at some point in his career
  11. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,897 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    That's a gross mischaracterization of what actually happened. Nothing Dez did inhibited anyone from planning or doing their job.
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,450 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Exactly. There is showing passion and there is going to far and being stupid.

Getting in your QBs face is just flat stupid. Hopefully Dez listens to Irvin on this.
  13. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

765 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    Nope.

No one being held accountable for countless blown opportunities to win games late is what loses games for us. Dez is tired of seeing us fail time after time and expressed that yesterday. Let him shut up like everybody else and lets suffer through another 8-8 season.
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,918 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    lol at channeling emotions the right way. the guy was in the heat of a moment. he doesn't need to change anything. the only thing i want dez to do is act like this more often. bring the dog out dez and don't change for anyone in this country club franchise.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,450 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    I'm all for passion and such but I'll say this...if you acted like that on a high school sideline your *** would be in the locker room and no longer playing that game, no matter who you were.

It's not acceptable behavior when you're 15-18 years old and it's certainly not acceptable when you're 24 or 25 years old. There's plenty of ways to show desire, fire, passion, and emotion without screaming like a fool and getting in the face of your QB on the sideline when he's going over plays with the coaches.

Just flat out stupid behavior. I love Dez. He's a great player. He's fun and exciting to watch. But I'm not giving him a pass for acting like a moron.
    Gameover likes this.
  16. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,785 Messages
    812 Likes Received

^ This ^
  17. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

2,013 Messages
    1,668 Likes Received
    Yup. That's what Irvin was saying. Dez was throwing fits when there were plays to discuss or huddle up for. The team is covering his backside now which is the correct action.

Garrett lost the game and the team yesterday. Every year he has the signature loss (or two) that dooms our season. This was the 2013.1 version
  18. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,785 Messages
    812 Likes Received
    I always remember what Michael Irvin said about the type of players in the NFL (and this goes to any walk of life). He said some guys when the game is on the line don't want the ball. They're scared to make a mistake, don't want that much pressure on their shoulders, hide so they won't be called on. Then, there are those guys who have that indomitable will "Get me the ball!" "I want the ball!" "I WILL make the catch."

Those are the guys you want to go to "war" with on the field. Dez is one of those guys. Yes, he has to get himself under control. But as Michael Irvin said last night, (and I paraphrase) "I'd rather have a guy I can pull back than one I have to push out."

We need more Dez's. I just hope Dez doesn't default to the Cowboys' culture of mediocrity.
    yimyammer likes this.
  19. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,322 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    You think that because above all else -- you wish you could go after Romo pretty hard. The difference is - Dez gets it.
  20. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,768 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    It could have been a whole lot worse...........He could have asked Calvin Johnson for his autograph!
    Boyzmamacita likes this.