1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Michael Vick quiet in his Philadelphia Eagles farewell

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jobberone, Dec 30, 2012.

1. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,540 Messages
    3,829 Likes Received
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ick-quiet-in-his-philadelphia-eagles-farewell

When Michael Vick spoke earlier this week, he treated his surprise starting nod like it was a gift dropped into his lap by the football gods.

"You never know what I could accomplish," the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback said. "I could go out there and break a record. There's tremendous upside."

As it turned out, there was scant upside to be found Sunday in the Eagles' 42-7 loss to the New York Giants at frigid MetLife Stadium. Vick finished 19-of-35 passing for 197 yards and one touchdown with one interception while playing with teammates who had one foot inside the heated team bus by the second quarter.
  2. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Time for this over rated criminal to go away permanently.

I hope he flames out in his next stop early and we never have to hear about him again.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,872 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    This overrated criminal is going to the underwhelming Jets, and the overrated Rex Ryan and will continue his underachieving play IMO.
  4. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    Why?

Because he made a mistake in life? A big stupid 1, but still.....

I hope you guys would treat your kids the same way if they were ever convicted
  5. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,201 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    I've never been convinced that he was all that good, or that any team built around him would be capable of sustained success. The fact that he's a dog-killer just makes it easier to hate the guy.
  6. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,577 Messages
    1,844 Likes Received
    And thats why the Jets are perennial losers.
  7. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,577 Messages
    1,844 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Truly ignorant statement... How's that glass house?
  10. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    Screw that. I agree with him.

And welcome to my ignore list.
  11. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Far from ignorant. Most people feel this way about the thug. They just want him gone out of the public eye.
  12. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    if his only crime was dog fighting I definitely wouldn't care..the guy is a flat out scumbag and has been since he was a kid. He's actually on par with his brother Marcus it's just that Marcus got caught a lot more often....probably because he wasn't quite as good a football player as Michael.
    Dog fighting...I really don't care about that. Guy's scum.
    Ever heard of Ron Mexico?
  13. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,599 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Don't argue with fools. People from a distance cant tell who is who
  14. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

937 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    If Troy Dungy vouched for him, don't you think Michael Vick has moved past the dog-fighting? Dungy does not put his reputation on the line if he still thinks they are a scumbag. Think my recent comments against shooting cats would suggest I thought his dog killing was reprehensible. He did server time and lost millions.

Got an open mind: if you have links that suggest Vick was faking turning a new leaf, please post. Until then, I'll assume someone is just hating on Vick.
  15. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,291 Messages
    763 Likes Received
    I've always believed no team was going to have real success with him as their QB. He's really did nothing with the Eagles. They had that good season in 2010 but flamed out in the wild card and have been god awful these last 2 seasons. His style of play does not equal long term success. He has his moments with his athleticism but he's not leading a team to a Super Bowl. But no Eagle fans wanted to hear that when he took over. They thought he would be winning the Eagles title after title.

I did enjoy his win over the Packers in Lambeau in the 03 playoffs, though. That was fun to watch.
  16. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

Please don't speak for others..
  17. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    It wasn't A mistake. He was running an a criminal organization.
  18. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    It was a mistake.
  19. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,489 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    I don't particularly care about Mike Vick the person at this point. The fact is Mike Vick the QB just isn't good.
  20. Derekmtl85

Derekmtl85 Well-Known Member

995 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    Who cares if it was or wasn't? I don't know 1 person that would commit that mistake, the guy is an idiot.

We can use the "mistake" line for ANY criminal, but that's just stupid.

Honestly, if you can't accept that others don't like him, don't reply to them. Simple.

As a guy with 2 dogs, i wouldn't ever forgive him for what he did, and that's my right as someone who has never made a criminal "mistake".

When you add the arrogance/lack of talent...well...how can anybody like him?