1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Michael Vick quiet in his Philadelphia Eagles farewell

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jobberone, Dec 30, 2012.

1. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Dog fighting and hunting are completely different. I don't particularly agree with either but Vick did way more than kill. Vick drowned those dogs, showed them a or world of nothing but pain and literally made them wish for death. Anyone that does that is a dick f*ck and it should be a tell tale sign tat he does NOT have the mental stability to hold a job in fast food let alone the NFL
  2. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    'No' constitutes an answer Roy. Sorry you missed it.
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Shhh It's okay. Moral equivalence is necessary to advance the adoration of idols.
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    He made the dogs suffer.. just like people who hunt animals make them suffer. Its not the same activity, but the end result to the animals is similar. Both suffer in the name of "entertainment" for us.
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Well like I said, neither of them are particularly humane in my eyes, however at least in hunting there's a point in nutrition made in the result for the hunter to eat what he kills, whereas animal fights are purely sadistic and any person who finds joy in such horror should be jailed for life.
  6. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    If this was the 1700's then maybe that would be true.. but if you think people hunt now because they require nutrition, that's absurd.

I agree though, neither is particularly humane.
  7. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...if you wanted to see repetitive everyday examples of animals in bad situations look no further than...

...a modern day production abbatoir for either cattle, pigs or chickens.

I'm not vegetarian, we hunt in our family, I work in production mgmt and even I was horrified at what modern day facilities are like.

I don't condone what Vick did, but I couldn't eat meat for a while after going to one of the largest US chicken farms for a production tour.

Hard to look at the animals in the eye and not feel bad for what was happening there.
  8. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...the inability to empathize with lower animal forms is one of the traits serious criminals have develop when they perpetrate crimes on others.

Our ability to express feelings for those who we do not carry a ongoing or intimate relationship is one of the cornerstones of the social contract for preventing anti social behavior.

In my mind dog lovers, cat lovers, hamster lovers, animal lovers in general is a good thing for our society.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Yup.. i referred to this in an earlier post, too. Its pretty bad.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I don't want them to suffer. I want them to taste good. I don't have to hunt to get food, but the Piggly Wiggly doesn't have rabbit,duck and deer. If it wasn't for hunters, millions of animals would starve to death.
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Yes, im sure the reason people choose to hunt is their concern over animals starving to death each year. Blow some more hot air while youre at it, eh?
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I just gave you one benefit that comes from hunting. There are many more. Since you are the authority on the issue, why do people hunt? If I rather kill what I eat, how is it your problem and who are you to judge?
  13. KLJ

KLJ Member

253 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    hunting has nothing to do with the scum that is vick.. people bring it up to try and deflect from the real issue.
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Yeah, but Roy is fun to argue with.
  15. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    Why are people still defending this poor excuse of a human being. Its a shame no one shanked him in Leavenworth.
  16. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    If you want to make animals suffer for your entertainment, or sport, or to stuff their heads and put them on your walls, or cut it up and eat it.. that's your decision.

Im just saying people most all of us eat meat, and the way the animals suffer as they're slaughtered and processed is no better than the dogs that Vick made suffer.
  17. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,899 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Let it go Roy.
  18. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Sorry, its funny how people don't have a problem eating meat.. knowing how those animals are treated, yet they have no problem whining and yelling about how Vick is such a bad person, blah, blah, blah..