1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Michael Vick says younger teammates don’t respect him

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Idgit, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Well, this doesn't sound good for Eagles fans. I hope they get it sorted out. :)

2. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    What's there to respect about Vick?

I will say, though, that the battered fan in me worries about that offense...
  3. BanditHiro

BanditHiro Well-Known Member

2,326 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    he killed dogs as a hobby...how is he not surprised with the lack of respect?
    lane, newlander and Wheeltax like this.
  4. Idgit

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Whatever the reasons, “I try to be the peacemaker,” said Vick, “but these young dudes don’t respect me" doesn't sound too good going into week one in PHI. I hope it shows up on the field.
  5. Sonny#9

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    So what you're saying is you're rooting for the Redskins? :)
  6. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,649 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    Unlike some other posters I dont see the need to continue to punish the guy for a crime he served his time for, I applaud Vick for his personal and career turn around. Eagles have a bunch of knuckle heads though so his comments aren't surprising.
    basstapp likes this.
  7. Idgit

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Can they both lose?

Honestly, I kind of am rooting for the Sk*ns this week. I'd like to see PHI not be very impressive in Kelly's debut. I know you guys are going to be good and be there at the end of the year. I'd rather see a two-way race than a 3 or 4 way one.

Also, I have to admit, I like watching RGIII play football. He's a fun guy to watch. Looking forward to a real old-fashioned Cowboys-and-Indians rivalry this season if we can both hold up our ends of the deal.
  8. Sonny#9

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Yeah I really hate Philly--not just the team--everything about the city and its people. Really--it's like every degenerate douchebag decided to congregate in one city.

I think the only thing keeping the Redskins and Cowboys from playing for the division is health and the adjustment to the 4-3 for the Boys. I think the Boys are better than the Giants.
  9. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Good thing Tony doesn't say dumb things like this.
  10. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,050 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    Hopefully Philly has a complete locker room collapse that drags that team down for years to come.
    OhSnap likes this.
  11. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,074 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    He's still a punk. Just got better PR.
    Achilleslastand likes this.
  12. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,273 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    What a load of bunk........
    The NFL giving him a second chance had more to do with his "magical turnaround" then anything. If you, I or any other Joey Potatoes on the street had committed the atrocities he did we would even have a hard time getting a job sacking groceries at the local five and dime.
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Please enlighten us as to how what he said was dumb in any way?

He has a valid point. He's a leader on that team, but they have some young punks like Williams who don't respect anyone, let alone the team leaders.

My question is.. where is all the hub bub about Williams using a racial slur in a confrontation with Riley Cooper the other day?

Will he be fined by the team for using the word like Riley was?
  14. The Natural

4,649 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    When I was 15 I might have robbed you down to your drawers. People change. Vick's a model for any athlete who has been in serious trouble to get their career going back on the right track. Sometimes all people need is for someone to reach back and give them a second chance.
  15. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,329 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    Forget the crime he served. He just isn't a good QB. He is inaccurate and makes poor decisions. Teammates eventually lose respect in a guy when he can't produce.
  16. The Natural

4,649 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    Not like they have a better option on their roster.
  17. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    He had over 100 passer rating just two years ago.. and 85 the year after that. Last season was really the first time he's struggled alot recently, and before he got injured he was running for his life all year behind the worst OL in football (yes, worse than ours).

I don't think he's lost it yet.. and even if he has, the problem has nothing to do with his skill at CB. It has to do with young punks not respecting their teammates in that locker room.
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    No, not really.
    He went to jail over that stuff because he was famous, not the other way around.
    That is not at all condoning it, just stating the facts.
    He was made an example of. And in thruth, someone needed to be made and example of becasue it we becoming so common nationwide to run dog fighting rings.
    But nevertheless, he was the one that took the fall. My guess in that in US hisotry, nobody has served more time (and certainloy not lost more money) for the offense he committed.
    Plain and simple.
  19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,329 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    I don't consider an 84.9 passer rating to be good. It is average. His 2010 season was 3 seasons ago and is easily the outlier to his career where he has a 80.6 passer rating. His 2012 season is more in line with his career as whole. He hasn't lost it. He just was never that good to begin with. The Eagles may indeed be full of young punks, but Vick is no kind of leader based on his inconsistent performance.
  20. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,247 Messages
    1,578 Likes Received
    If anybody saw the clip of the fight, Vick and D Jax had to be the voices of reason and calm everything down lol

That indicates that the leadership roles on that team are in a pretty poor state.