1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Michael Vick says younger teammates don’t respect him

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Idgit, Sep 6, 2013.

1. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    So its ok to make animals sufferfor a little bit and then kill them for our amusement.. as long as you don't make them suffer "toooo much".

Got it.
  2. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,066 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    I don't argue with PETA members as it's impossible to reason with those who don't believe in it. Welcome to ignore.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  3. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    lol.. never been a PETA member in my life.

Shows just what kind of "reason" you like to deal in though.. glad this little discussion won't be continuing. Bye now.
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,215 Messages
    1,166 Likes Received
    You've made this argument before. There is a difference. You can think both are cruel, but there is still a difference in level of cruelty. Even you have to be able to see that difference.
  5. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Again, so its ok to be a little cruel to animals.. just not "too" much.

Such sound logic there..

There's no difference.. people are making animals suffer and killing them for their own personal amusement and fun.

Its either acceptable or its not.

Even you have to be able to understand that.
  6. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,986 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    Wow, how did this come down to comparing making dogs fight each other for monetary enjoyment to people who hunt game(deer, fish, birds, etc)? I got news for some of yall, man was made to hunt and eat meat and they have been doing so since the dawn of man.

I agree to an extent, I can't stand those that go kill deer, moose, elk, bears, Bigfoot and African game for pure enjoyment just to stuff them. They are on the same level as Vick to me but those who hunt to put food on their plates is totally different than betting 5k on a dog named Spike.
  7. joseephuss

21,215 Messages
    1,166 Likes Received
    Bull. If I punch you in the arm, it is assault and you press charges. If a two year old punches you in the face you laugh it off. Even though in both scenarios you are getting punched, there are differences. I am not saying that fishing or hunting are right, but there are levels. That is easy for anyone to see, but you apparently.
  8. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Active Member

638 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    If you told me that the Giants would lost their next 50 games against the Cowboys but that would guarantee that Vick never wins a Super Bowl, I'd take it in a second!
    Wheeltax likes this.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    In that scenario.. i wouldn't call what the child did "cruel" in any way.. so no, its not the same.

Unless of course you don't consider someone shooting a defenseless animal in the face for their own personal enjoyment cruel in any way.. in which case, we're probably done here.
  10. joseephuss

21,215 Messages
    1,166 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter if I think it is cruel or not. What matters is that there are still levels of cruelty.

If I don't think shooting a defenseless animal in the face is cruel, I can still see that what Vick did as being more cruel.

If I do think shooting a defenseless animal in the face is cruel, I can still see that what Vick did as being more cruel.
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Any idea how a slaughterhouse works? To kill millions of animals every year?

No problems with that in our country though..

I enjoy the hypocisy of so many.
  12. joseephuss

21,215 Messages
    1,166 Likes Received
    What does that have to do with anything? Someone can see that a slaughterhouse is bad and still can see that what Vick did was even worse. You just can't see it from your high horse.
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Call it whatever you want.. but what it has to do with anything is showing you that there are many examples of how humans treat animals with cruelty and yet so many are outraged over one man being cruel to animals.

Its a joke..and a bad one. All it does is showcase the hypocisy of our society nowadays.
  14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    Unless Vick was killing the dogs to eat them, you cannot compare it to hunting.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  15. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,974 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    How about Killing Mosquitos ?

Everyone has to draw the line somewhere.

I dont like to see animals suffer so i dont go out and hunt, i just dont think i would enjoy it at all. But i do enjoy eating meat and i dont spend any time thinking about it when im out ordering a snadwich or a steak.

I have fished before. I didnt think much about it when i was pulling a bluefish in until i threw it in a bucket with the other fish people were catching. I went to get my line set for another one and looked over and could see them all gasping for breath. It bothered me for a minute, then i decided not to look and kept fishing. In the end, I guess i decided to think of a fish as a lower animal.

I like to eat lobster, but i really dont want to throw one in a pot live and listen to it clawing around as it gets steamed.
  16. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Vick only gets respect from people of like mind.

He deserves none.
    visionary likes this.
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Yes, because people in this country hunt because they have to in order to feed themselves..

Give us a break.. its clearly a recreational activity, not a necessity.
  18. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    They sell deer in the supermarket? I've never seen it.
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    There are actually places that sell deer meet and deer jerky and the like.. not that deer is the only animal hunted.

But again, you aren't hunting it for the purpose of feeding your family. as if you didn't get anything you'd go hungery.

Its a recreational activity.. to amuse and entertain us.
  20. amart824

amart824 New Member

23 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    A tad surprising when you consider how massive of a star Vick was during most of their formative years.