1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Michigan senior guard Stephen Schilling lets his family deal with attention from agen

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Oct 26, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-f...ling-is-more-worried-about-michigan-football/

[IMG]When Stephen Schilling made his decision to play football at Michigan, he didn’t let anyone help with the decision-making process. His parents, Joanne and Ralph, didn’t know what university Schilling planned to attend until the day of his selection.

Now, with Schilling’s senior year winding down, he enlisted his parents to help sift through the mass of agent calls.

“I let them kind of do it because it’s easier,” Schilling said. “There’s guys that have contacted me, and I direct them to my parents.”

Schilling is doing this so he can focus on his final five regular-season games starting Saturday at Penn State (8 p.m., ESPN). NFLDraftScout.com has the 6-foot-5, 308-pound Schilling as its No. 5 offensive guard and No. 78 overall player in the 2011 NFL Draft and lists him as a third-to-fourth rounder. The same site lists former Michigan and current Ohio State guard Justin Boren as the No. 8 guard and a potential fifth-round selection.