Michigan State LB Greg Jones hopes successful college career translates to NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 23, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,123 Messages
    118 Likes Received

EAST LANSING - Michigan State linebacker Greg Jones realizes a standout college career doesn't always translate that way to NFL scouts.

Even though Jones has been a first-team All-American for two straight years, some early NFL draft projections aren't that favorable for him. He's being viewed as a possible second- or third-round pick.

"I know I'm not the highest-ranked guy or anything like that," Jones said. "I'm completely fine with that. It shows me there's always room for improvement no matter what you do. I have a lot to prove. That's the mind-set I have."

Before starting his workouts for the NFL Scouting Combine that takes place in late February, Jones has one more statement to make in college: He and the Spartans (11-1) will try to put the final touches on a special season when they meet defending national champion Alabama (9-3) in the Capital One Bowl on New Year's Day in Orlando, Fla.