1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Michigan State LB Greg Jones hopes successful college career translates to NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 23, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,118 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/12/...-care/landing.html?blockID=378034&feedID=3701

EAST LANSING - Michigan State linebacker Greg Jones realizes a standout college career doesn't always translate that way to NFL scouts.

Even though Jones has been a first-team All-American for two straight years, some early NFL draft projections aren't that favorable for him. He's being viewed as a possible second- or third-round pick.

"I know I'm not the highest-ranked guy or anything like that," Jones said. "I'm completely fine with that. It shows me there's always room for improvement no matter what you do. I have a lot to prove. That's the mind-set I have."

Before starting his workouts for the NFL Scouting Combine that takes place in late February, Jones has one more statement to make in college: He and the Spartans (11-1) will try to put the final touches on a special season when they meet defending national champion Alabama (9-3) in the Capital One Bowl on New Year's Day in Orlando, Fla.