1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike & Mike: Clayton suggests Larry Allen could miss the HOF this year w/Audio #125

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 28, 2013.

1. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    That is far from true. I often wonder why so many people have thought that over the years.

That part is simply not a good idea however.

This board is forgiving for many posters (not even bringing up fans of other teams).

Your response above is silly to me. However, I don't know how long you have been here to see.
  2. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    This is so far from the truth that it's silly.

:rolleyes: :cool:
  3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    No way do I see Larry Allen not being elected to the HOF this year.
  4. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    I've had disagreements with ABQ as well as some of the other mods and they're all fair. You're not going to get in trouble for disagreeing with them on a football topic unless you break the rules.
  5. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,077 Messages
    543 Likes Received
    John Clayton is right about as much as I am (and that's pretty horrendous).
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,795 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    You never heard stories about players asking to be put on the injured list the week before they played against Ogden.

With LA you did.

I have not heard anyone say that Odgen ever intimidated other players like LA did.

So I piss on the idea that Ogden is close to LA.
  7. 5Stars

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Try taking into consideration that he is a Dallas Cowboy, not a 49'er.

If he were a 49'er during his prime time, he would get in and I would agree with you.
  8. 5Stars

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    I wish someone would post that play where Larry ran down the dude that picked off a pass. For a big, strong, bulky man, he sure did run fast on the play!

He was a freak of nature, and I hope like hell he does not get snubbed.
  9. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Allen was a much more dominant player at his position than Warren Sapp was at his. Allen will be a first ballot Hall of Famer and you can book it!
  10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,623 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    This is the first I've ever heard of the possibility of LA being left out. Every discussion I've heard on the radio and TV amongst players and writers suggest LA is a lock and rightfully so.
  11. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received

[YOUTUBE]DFcWMC9vkZg[/YOUTUBE]
  12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    I actually understand this point of view but I see it like this.

Each player is different in their abilities.

Larry Allen was flat out nasty, big, strong, just a powerful man who never liked anybody he lined up against on game day.

Ogden, also big, also strong was different in that he was a LOT. His job was not to break your bones, so to speak. His job was to protect the blindside and he often matched up against players who were very quick. He needed to be athletic and he was. For what he did, he was exceptional.

They were different players but I think that the respect each had around the league was on par.

JMO
  13. 5Stars

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Thanks, KJJ.

How many times have we seen someone as big as him do some of the stuff that he did.

I also remember somewhere there was a vid of him benching that large amount of weight (what 700 lbs or so) and all his teammates willing him on.

One of the best of all time, or maybe the best of all time.

I can't recall...did the Cowboy win that game?
    :confused:
  14. 5Stars

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Excellent observation.

I would disagree with you, but if I did I would get in trouble. :laugh2:

But, your post is spot on.

;)
  15. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Try taking into consideration it's not the team a player represents that can keep them from being a first ballot Hall of Famer. If it was the "team" Aikman, Emmitt and several other Cowboys wouldn't have been first ballot Hall of Famers. Irvin wasn't a first ballot Hall of Famer due to his off the field issues. It comes down to how great the player was and how likable they are amongst HOF voters. Charles Haley hasn't been voted in because there's voters that don't like him.

There isn't anything to dislike about Larry Allen he never talked he PLAYED and dominated his position. I can't imagine any HOF voter disliking Larry Allen he was respected by the media and by his peers. John Madden use to drool over him. Trust me he's a lock this year.
  16. 5Stars

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    :star:
  17. KJJ

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    The Cowboys won that game 24-16 that was Allen's rookie year in 94.
  18. 5Stars

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Thanks, KJJ.

;)
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Man, I hope that's not how people see us but if it is, then we are definately doing it wrong.

I don't know. I guess maybe I see Ogden differently. I believe that Larry Allen was better but I think that the difference was slight. They were both so very good. I loved to just watch Larry Allen play back in the day. I would record games and then I would back and just watch Allen. He was just that good.

Same with Ogden. I would watch Baltimore games, mostly because I spend so much time in that area, and I would just watch Odgen on offense. He was really good also.
  20. 5Stars

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    The only mod I like is justbob. He follows me around like a serial killer! :D

The rest of you are doing a great job. It takes a good moderator to keep me in line. I have had so much "red" that I had to go see a doctor! :eek:

I wish I was back home where you are. My teeth sweat for some Mac's Steak In The Rough (if some of those are still there).

I also want to go downtown and get me a footlong chile dog at the Dog House!

Is there anyway that you could send me both of those on ice. Hundred bones for you if you can. ;)

Oh, and by the way, I AM NOT hijacking this thread.

;)