1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike & Mike: Clayton suggests Larry Allen could miss the HOF this year w/Audio #125

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,213 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Just further proof the Hall of Fame voting is bias.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,372 Messages
    1,402 Likes Received
    LOL.

I am! Right now you wouldn't want to be here. It's freezing rain/sleet. Kinda cold.

No, probably the best I can do is to send you pictures of me eating some Steak-in-the-rough or Jumbo Chile Dog from the parking lot of the Dog House.

Probably not what you want to hear, I know.

Gonna have to just come home and get her done I think.
  3. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Right on the money here.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,127 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Never mind. I was just asking.

That's kinda insulting for you to send me pictures of the food that I want!

:D
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,077 Messages
    4,009 Likes Received
    Audio: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8889501

7:55

Clayton's suggested HOF: Ogden, Strahan, Sapp, Allen, Parcells

But his reasoning for why Allen could be pushed is that voters might want to hold off on the Guard position for a year. And then he said there's sentiment for Modell, and then potentially Debartolo.. And then said we gotta start getting some of these receivers, and so Cris Carter could push one of them out.
  6. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why does Parcells deserve to get in?
    Heck man, Tom Flores won 2 super bowls...so did Jimmy Johnson.
    Clayton is an idiot, and I'm serious about that. I wish I had a dime for every time he reported that the Cowboys were interested in this player or that player and was wrong.
    Clayton has been around a long time and god bless him, but his sources are almost never correct.
  7. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's this kind of reasoning that makes me mad about the NFL Hall of Fame voting. Why should they get a wr in there...because of some kind of weird quota. If Carter and the rest of those wr candidates were not good enough last year then they shouldn't knock off a sure fire first ballot player like Allen, Ogden,Strahan or Sapp. I don't consider Parcells as sure fire first ballot territory. I would elect:
    Larry Allen
    Jonathan Ogden
    Michael Strahan
    Warren Sapp
    Jerome Bettis
    To me those five guys are no-brainers. With Allen and Ogden as the top two.
  8. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,085 Messages
    1,690 Likes Received
  9. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,108 Messages
    187 Likes Received
  10. ABQCOWBOY

34,372 Messages
    1,402 Likes Received
    Yeah, I would too. Unfortunately, the best I can do.

Sorry Sir.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

34,372 Messages
    1,402 Likes Received
    Modell, I can kinda see. Debartolo, that guy was a lying, cheating SOB. That I can't see.
  12. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,714 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    ...one pitch for Allen as 1st ballot candidate.

Despite the stats, honours, rings and trophies everyone can line up to extort the virtues of their candidate how many can say this?

From a man who was notoriously quiet and somewhat camera and media shy an incredible legend grew about his exploits on the field.

These exploits were spoken from viewing film, ex- teammates testimony, opposing players testimony and media annoucers gushing over isolation film on the man.

To me this is what true greatness is. When you don't have to say a word on your behalf because the roar from the masses is overwhelming.

We don't hear about stories of Ogden, Sapp or Strahan, but there are some incredible stories of Larry.

In some ways legend is greatness. That's why we still wax eloquently about the Babe calling his own HR or the famed "Win one for the Gipper" scene.

One day NFL Network will make a show on Larry Allen and if they do it soon enough it won't surprise me if there is no shortage of Larry Allen stories.

It's rare to have this type of player on your team never mind the league.

Hopefully the Hall recognizes that.
  13. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,714 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    ...example of a Larry Allen story on tape. Take a look at Skins #50.

How I would describe this is it's a perfect example of a "football neck scratcher".

Neck Scratcher: When you are hit so hard that your neck snaps and you can scratch your neck with your ear.

People this is a legitimate NFL player. Allen extended his arms and drove him into the ground so hard he could not keep his head from snapping like a rag doll.

Allen has done so many of these it's ridiculous. Once again 1st ballot HOF.

If not, something is seriously flawed.
  14. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,680 Messages
    1,079 Likes Received
    Maybe because Parcells won 2 SB's and took 3 other teams to the playoffs. He did it for a much longer time than Jimmy or Flores. Heck, Parcells should have been put in last year.
  15. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,140 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Chillax, guys.

Larry Allen is getting in on the first ballot. If anyone is going to be left off, it's going to be Bill Parcells, Michael Strahan or Warren Sapp (though I think Warren goes in before Strahan if it's between the two. Some of you are young and don't remember how dominant Sapp was).

I really don't think Parcells will go in on the first ballot. Too many I'm-not-coming-back-yes-I-am moments for him.

Allen is either the best or second best at his position, eva! bar none. Parcells isn't. Strahan isn't and Sapp isn't. Neither is Odgen.

I'm betting right now Allen gets in on the first go round.
  16. hmcorp

hmcorp Member

685 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    This is parcels 2nd time on the ballot
  17. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your right he coached longer so he is better. :rolleyes:
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    No other coach rebuilt 4 franchizes from losers to winners. That would be his main claim to fame.

Fact is Jimmy is hurt by his failure at Miami.

Flores has a good case honestly.
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    very well said.
  20. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,025 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Two good examples of how when Larry Allen got his hands on you it was over.